• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
191   0   0
The only thing that has me a little more reluctant than usual is the fact that the website is very bare with the exception of the LED's and some lights and some fake corals.

charlie1225

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
LED does in fact provide the shimmer effect. I have the Solaris system and unfortunately had to add MH as "supplemental" lighting. Many of my SPS' browned out after I switched from MH to LED's. As we all know though, lighting isn't the only cause for brown outs so I can't blame it on the LEDs.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
LED does in fact provide the shimmer effect. I have the Solaris system and unfortunately had to add MH as "supplemental" lighting. Many of my SPS' browned out after I switched from MH to LED's. As we all know though, lighting isn't the only cause for brown outs so I can't blame it on the LEDs.

Note that not all LEDs perform the same as Solaris.

charlie1225

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Clarification

yes this is true. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I can only comment on the Solaris as they are the only LED units I have ever used. I can't comment on what I never tried. I'm not knocking LED's or Solaris in any way however, I have the older Solaris and from what I've heard, they've upgraded their technology.

Note that not all LEDs perform the same as Solaris.

JohnSmith

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ask aqua pro. his 100w hand held light cost much less than that. it's unreal, u got 2 c it in person. brighter than a 250 mh.

his leds r brighter than the ones i bought in the net. i got some 3w 110lm from him and they r much brighter than the 5 for $25.oo package deal from ebay even though they claim to be 120lm.

his led strips, 96 bulbs, are brighter than 6 x 24 strips i bought for my car at only half my price!!!!!!!

you cannot go wrong with him. his expertise blows me away.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
ask aqua pro. his 100w hand held light cost much less than that. it's unreal, u got 2 c it in person. brighter than a 250 mh.

his leds r brighter than the ones i bought in the net. i got some 3w 110lm from him and they r much brighter than the 5 for $25.oo package deal from ebay even though they claim to be 120lm.

his led strips, 96 bulbs, are brighter than 6 x 24 strips i bought for my car at only half my price!!!!!!!

you cannot go wrong with him. his expertise blows me away.
I second that His lights are so bright I was seeing stars for half an hour at the swap after visiting his booth
solar tubes are skylights with a tube that you can use to bend the light so you can skip a floor or direct the light to one area

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
All we need are PAR readings across different distances inside the tank.

We can compare the LED PAR with the PAR from MH (150W, 250W, 400W).

Seems to work since we're comparing apples to apples.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: