alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
oh, i didnt know your corals closed up too.

i dont know, for some reason i dont have the heart-in-your-stomach-want-to-jump-off-a-building-my-life-is-over-death-is-here-world-is-comming-to-an-end feeling that i would expect had i felt my entire tank died.

for that reason i feel that there is a good chance that all this is just temporary stress and everyone will be happy again.

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beutiful day in the neighborhood... wont you be my neighbor.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LMAO Albert. Too funny. And we are already neighbors. Just one big neighborhood (as I put on my slippers and button down my sweater).

Blood red skimmate had to make you think something got shot in your tank! A scarey sight.

Keep us posted my friend.
Russ

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
masterswimmer said:
And we are already neighbors. Just one big neighborhood (as I put on my slippers and button down my sweater).
LMAO - you're good.
(note that he never forgot to feed the fish)

masterswimmer said:
Blood red skimmate had to make you think something got shot in your tank! A scarey sight.
sure did, looked almost radioactive.
did you get the same thing?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
alrha said:
sure did, looked almost radioactive.
did you get the same thing?

:lol: I bet it did. Mine was definitely a reddish hue but not blood red. Without siphoning I can easily imagine what you saw based on what I saw. You had to have had your heart in your mouth.

master

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Well it certainly makes you disoriented. I now know why the flatworms swim in circles when they get hit with it, :lol: , and go running for the "hills" (if you know what I mean).

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
solbby said:
Well it certainly makes you disoriented. I now know why the flatworms swim in circles when they get hit with it, and go running for the "hills" (if you know what I mean).

:lol:
They do go scurrying don't they! But they're red eye fo da dead guy!
And no, I haven't tasted it straight up :puke: . I have in the siphon though. Guess it would be like a triple LI Ice Tea to them! :lol:

master

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ok, i came home and changed some more water (so far i changed 60 gals) and changed the carbon in the phosban reactor.
some of the corals are partially bleached and the remainder very pale.
The zoos, xenia, clams, organ pipe, and frogspawns are open, and the fish are back out in the open.
The say news is that my Belus Angel was laying on the sand, i took her out and put her in my qurantine hopeing that removing her from the toxic environment and some TLC along with yummy foods would help her regain her strength. Unfortunately i must report that she has passed on and did not survive. i wish i would have been able to take her out sooner, but unfortunately she was hiding in the rock-work where i could not reach her.
I also have two Blue-Tuxedo urchins that i can not find - i am hoping they are just within the rockwork somewhere.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Damn Albert, so sorry about your losses. I'd still keep daylights to a very very short minimum. Not only are the bleached corals stressed, but with all that fresh carbon and frequent water changes, your water clarity must be insane. Not as much reflected and refracted light with it that clear.

Stay on top of it. You know very well you can have all those coral revived.

I'm praying for ya bro,
Russ

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
thanks bro, my tank has probably never been so clear before, almost looks like there is no water inside.
as such i am of course leaving the lighting to only the VHOs.
Thanks for your support Russ, i can always use your CC to restock :kidding:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
masterswimmer said:
LOL Albert. That's why we've got a SWAP comin' up dude. Restock city for everybody.

Hey, I just realized.....after the swap, everyone's tanks are going to look the same, LMAO.

Russ
he he, good point. i hope my corals will recover by then so i can have something to offer.

at least one thing i can tell you now is that any coral that even "THINKS" about going in my tank will take a nice Flatworm eXit bath before it gets within a 20 foot perimeter of my tank.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
alrha said:
at least one thing i can tell you now is that any coral that even "THINKS" about going in my tank will take a nice Flatworm eXit bath before it gets within a 20 foot perimeter of my tank.

Touche`.......I've been dipping every single coral that goes in my tank since my treatment in June, and I still cross my fingers.

master

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: