James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Honestly Imbarrie, I have them too (although I did recently get a harlequin to take care of them) and didn't have a huge problem with them bothering my corals. But after awhile I did start noticing them on my zoas and my GSP, not so much the SPS. After reading up on them I decided to take preventative measures. I surely think some of them are harmless, but if we can't tell the difference, the risk is not worth it for me.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Honestly Imbarrie, I have them too (although I did recently get a harlequin to take care of them) and didn't have a huge problem with them bothering my corals. But after awhile I did start noticing them on my zoas and my GSP, not so much the SPS. After reading up on them I decided to take preventative measures. I surely think some of them are harmless, but if we can't tell the difference, the risk is not worth it for me.

James where did you pick up the Harley ?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As I've said in other threads, I have never seen Asterina's bother Zoa's....although I can understand why some people feel that they come in plague proportions and just want to get rid of them. In my experience, these Asterina "plagues" are just a part of our reef tank development. A year or so ago I was considering getting a harlequin shrimp, because I had so many stars that I thought a shrimp couldn't possibly wipe them out. Now I'm glad I never got the shrimp. I still have Asterina's, but relatively few. They are clearly on their way out. This is what I have seen before over the 12+ years I have had my tank. They come, don't always multiply like mad but sometimes do, then disappear, only to reappear a few years later.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: