IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Is your 120 - 4 x 2 x 2 ? If so you'd need 2 fixtures.

So far I love it, it definitely is nice to have the shimmer of MH and the colors of T5.

My only gripe is that mounting it was a bit of a PITA since ecotech doesn't include the screws for the base plate in the premium hanging kit and the light itself is $750 + $50 for the hanging kit and still needed to figure out a mounting solution!

When I upgrade to my 75g I will most likely do 2 units, but right now I've had it up less than 2 hours so only time will tell. initial thoughts though I love it and compared to my cousin's AI Sol Blue I think this light is definitely worth the extra $.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
My only gripe is that mounting it was a bit of a PITA since ecotech doesn't include the screws for the base plate in the premium hanging kit and the light itself is $750 + $50 for the hanging kit and still needed to figure out a mounting solution!

That's crazy. You spend $800 and they don't even have the correct screws? Did you contact them? I wouldn't be happy about that at all.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That's crazy. You spend $800 and they don't even have the correct screws? Did you contact them? I wouldn't be happy about that at all.

Thanks I am loving this light, the colors and everything are :), only thing I will warn you all! I was excited to turn it on and see it last night before I programmed and hung it. Well the first time you turn it on without programming ALL lights are on at 100%, let us just say my eyes still hurt a bit from that!

There is outrage over in their thread on RC, but they have just been ignoring it. It really is a shame you spend $750 on a light + $50 on a hanging kit and I had to go out to the garage and dig through my random box of screws to find ones that would correctly fit their base plate.

Honestly if you are DIY savy a trip to home depot and 5-10 minutes you could do a homemade hanging kit for 1/3 the price!

I am not really a fan of their hanging system as I used to use the yo-yo configuration on my tek light and am considering switching it out for that.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Mine arrive tomorrow. I had a fixture built to hold them about 10" over my tank. I should have everything set up by this weekend.

If they come set at 100% you are going to want to dial them down a bit to acclimate your corals or you will absolutely burn them unless you previously had 400w MH over the tank.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Mine arrive tomorrow. I had a fixture built to hold them about 10" over my tank. I should have everything set up by this weekend.

If they come set at 100% you are going to want to dial them down a bit to acclimate your corals or you will absolutely burn them unless you previously had 400w MH over the tank.

I set them all to be 20% max 30% in the day, coming from PC I'd definitely burn the crap out of my corals lol.

No I did not get them from Ed4, I would have picked up his for a second one for when I do my 75g, but funds are a bit tight right now.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looks good!

Even at 30% you may want to watch your corals closely. I'm sure that is still a big step up from PC!

Are those your Rainbows in the one pic? Looks like they're doing better. Now you have to frag them!!

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Is the air from the fan blowing out or sucking in? Never seen a fan on the underside with the LEDs... Wondering why they made it like that.

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My 120 is 4'x2'x2'. I'm ready to buy LED's, but can't figure out which are best. They are all expensive,and I want to get my money's worth if I'm going to make such a large investment. I currently have 2x250 watt metal halide fixture from my old tank which I could use, but I want to save money on electricity, and not have the heat. I now live in Las Vegas, so the extra heat is definitely not welcome. Electric is expensive out here. I just want great lights. I'm leaning towards Aqua Illumination LED's, unless these prove to be better. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
My 120 is 4'x2'x2'. I'm ready to buy LED's, but can't figure out which are best. They are all expensive,and I want to get my money's worth if I'm going to make such a large investment. I currently have 2x250 watt metal halide fixture from my old tank which I could use, but I want to save money on electricity, and not have the heat. I now live in Las Vegas, so the extra heat is definitely not welcome. Electric is expensive out here. I just want great lights. I'm leaning towards Aqua Illumination LED's, unless these prove to be better. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks.

My cousin runs the AI Sol Blue, it is a nice light. Now compared to the ecotech radion my initial impression is go radion all day :).

I will keep everyone posted though and p.s. if you check out mr saltwatertank he does a review of the radion where he has 2 x 250mh and switched 1 for a radion, then says he wants to switch the other to the radion as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: