xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Wow its been a while since i posted something up lol. But anyways my pH at the moment is at 8.0 yes i know its low. i was wondering how can i bring it up to normal with out my pistol shrimp dying since inverts are sensitive to pH levels. But i do know how to bring it back up to normal with the pH buffer from seachem. But is there any other ways?

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I been told that a few times and thats how i set up my lighting. Works for me... My ph drops alittle at night when both lights are of tho..

Last edited:

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Your pH will change throughout the day, so you should check it at the same time of the day when you do your testing. 8.0 doesn't look too low at all, in fact if you read the attached article you'll see that an acceptable range is between 7.8 and 8.5. Mine usually ranges between 8.1 and 8.3.

Might be TMI, but here's the info:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/rhf/index.php

Thanks for the link i just found by the website my pH level is at seawater which is good =)

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Do you have a fuge?? Heard if you keep your light in your fuge on when your main lights are off you can help keep a stable ph. So i heard... lol

this is true, the form of macro algae you keep in your sump converts co2 into usable oxygen for the tanks inhabitants. down to the chemistry of things co2 is acidic around 6 something and oxygen is basic i believe somewhere around 8ish but dont quote me on those numbers as to i havnt exactly memorized them

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
You need more oxygen in the tank. Make sure ur running a skimmer. If so try to get fresh air into the skimmer. Not air stuck inside ur tank stand. Either by opening stand doors or adding a fan or extending the skimmer airline out of the stand. Crack a window in the room where the tank is if possible to get fresh air in.

If u cant do any of these the sure fix is to mix a little kalwasser into ur rodi top off water. All this being said a ph constanly at 8.0 or around there is perfectly fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: