So I have a 75 gallon with 2 snowflake clowns (2" big), 1 flame angle (3" big), blue hippo (2" big), and a purple dottyback (3" big). How much frozen mysis shrimp should I be feeding them and how often?. I have been cutting the frozen cubes into 1/3 and feeding 1/3 a cube once per day, roaring every other day with some cyclopeeze. Is this good enough or To much? Thanks

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish nibble and pick all day in the ocean. they are opportunistic feeders. You want to mimic their natural environment as often as possible. I suggest feeding small portions, 2-3 times a day. Feed no more than they will eat in 3 minutes. If you see food floating around after 3 mins you may have fed too much.

I'd also soak that mysis in vitamins. Mysis has very little nutrition. It adds fat, but that's about it.

Fish nibble and pick all day in the ocean. they are opportunistic feeders. You want to mimic their natural environment as often as possible. I suggest feeding small portions, 2-3 times a day. Feed no more than they will eat in 3 minutes. If you see food floating around after 3 mins you may have fed too much.

I'd also soak that mysis in vitamins. Mysis has very little nutrition. It adds fat, but that's about it.

If I soak the food in seachem garlic should I strain it before putting it into the tank or just drop the soaked food straight in ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: