Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on starting a tank nothing big something about 30 gallons there's a Fluval tank for sale at the local shop with stand for about $300 was looking to start with that don't know the exact model but it looks like a all in one if I don't go with that I would look into a BioCube any advice?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
best advice i can give is take your time, dont rush, make sure to plan everything out. And never be afraid to ask questions about any problems you may come across even if they may seem like stupid questions. haha.

Besides that good luck.

To start figure out what the tank includes, and what else you will need....

Substrate, live rock, filtration, lighting, heaters, chillers, thermometers, refractometer, water test kits, salt, fish food, tubes for siphoning, buckets for water changes, fish nets, fish traps.... the list goes on and on.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
My advice is setup the biggest size tank you want that way you don't need to upgrade later

good advice, just keep in mind the expenses associated with a larger tank. Especially in terms of things like lighting which has costs mostly associated with a tanks surface area and its ability to be divided into 2x2 squares.

Its better to do a smaller tank well, than to half-do a larger tank because of cost restrictions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: