STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Looking to do a ca reactor on my new tank. It’s a 310 with about 350 total volume. I will be a mixed tank. Looking for brand and model recommendations. Also for the co2 and regulator. I have an apex. Would u just run an additional ph probe with that or should I get a separate probe and brain? I have always dosed two part but anyone I kno who runs a reactor loves it. I have no corals In yet so it seems like the perfect time to set one up so if there’s any crazy swings nothing dies on me. If anyone has or knows of one that will suit my needs and is of good quality and condition please let me know. You can text me (516)314-1218

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You do not need a reactor yet. You won’t need one for already a year. No 1” sticks will make a dent in 350g of water volume.
Geo make some good reactor, Red Sea have them. Plenty of good ones. Make sure you get one that is double to triple rated for your size tank.
No need extremely expensive regulator either. I have a carbon doser. Yet I’m using a 150.00 cheap regulator. As long as your ph in the reactor is flat line? You are good.
Buy a ph probe for the reactor. Connect reactor ph probe to apex ORP port. ORP reading is useless.
Feel free to pm me for help or questions.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
No i understand for most new tanks a ca reactor isn’t truly necessary. But I have a lot of corals that will be getting transferred back into the tank. I want the reactor for the ease of use and the consistency of levels it creates. I agree the orp probe is useless and will look into using it for an additional ph probe for the reactor. I looked at some geo reactors. Not a fan of Red Sea products other than the tanks. Thank you for the info. I plan on using my dos and ddr for mag and some mix of trace elements. So the reactor takes care of my ca&alk.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
def get a calcium reactor
i have geo reactor
on my apex and love it
i have 210 gallon sps dominant
pm me if you have questions
carbon doser regulator
i used to dose but cost more over time and i always had fluctuations
only problem is the shortage of reborn calcium media

great guy to have explain about apex / trident / calcium reactor

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: