bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
This swim bladder stuff is it a condition, parasite, or disease????

I had a clownfish pair for a month and everything was perfect,
Last Monday i picked up another pair of Clownfish but Wyoming's and when i put them in my tank they floated sideways and to the top

The big One died this morning and i left my home at 2pm i came back at 9 and the smaller of the first pair died.
He was laid on a rock and when i moved tge ro k the current was moving him he seemed not be able to stay afloat

water parameters been perfect. For a long time now so i dont get it

BUT MY THING IS
None of this was happening before i got the last pair from this guy on craigslist. NEVER AGAIN

The fish i got from him stayed to the top
And my fish stayed to the bottom

Is this contagious or something i looked it up and i havent found any concrete answers or reasons why or prevention or treatment !

I have 4 other wrasse and 3 clownfish

i dont need this happening anymore what should i do????

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any more info? Swim bladder infection could cause the fish to swim head down with tail up. Could have been a bladder infection.....but it sounds like something that kills alot faster? Or it is something in your tank.

Any thing on the other fishes (spots, film coating, etc.). Any erratic behavior of others, gulping at top, swimming into power head, flashing, etc?

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Any more info? Swim bladder infection could cause the fish to swim head down with tail up. Could have been a bladder infection.....but it sounds like something that kills alot faster? Or it is something in your tank.

Any thing on the other fishes (spots, film coating, etc.). Any erratic behavior of others, gulping at top, swimming into power head, flashing, etc?
None bro the wrasse are fine; other two clowns fine. Inverts perfect

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
None bro the wrasse are fine; other two clowns fine. Inverts perfect
Update:
Othwr white clown died lastnight
I put chemipure blue in this am and all my wrasses came out from hiding and looking good.

Big clown now is at top but swimming regular and my baby clown looks sideways but seems fine but hanging by the powerhead.

SimonDraws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Othwr white clown died lastnight
I put chemipure blue in this am and all my wrasses came out from hiding and looking good.

Big clown now is at top but swimming regular and my baby clown looks sideways but seems fine but hanging by the powerhead.
BRO! smh. smh. smh.

I TOLD you! Can't raise fish in a rubbermaid bin! Stop hoarding man!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: