Navada718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in need of some assistance, is any one willing to let me test my new refractometer, that I just calibrated, on their tank water, so I can make sure I did it right. This is my 1st time using one & I want to get it right. I reside in Brooklyn & am willing to travel. I would really appreciate it if someone would assist me with this since I want to get my 1st saltwater aquarium running this weekend. Thanks.

usctom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I stopped using calibration fluid. I had a couple at one point and none of them were the same. Now I just check with RO water. This isn’t perfect but will get you close.

Some of those bulk reef refractometers need to be checked often. The one I have atm seems to be good for a month. The last one I had hardly ever needed to be checked.

Navada718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using calibration fluid. I had a couple at one point and none of them were the same. Now I just check with RO water. This isn’t perfect but will get you close.

Some of those bulk reef refractometers need to be checked often. The one I have atm seems to be good for a month. The last one I had hardly ever needed to be checked.
Thanks for the info. So when using RO water, what indicator mark do use to if it's calibrated?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: