bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Not on QT if you are treating with meds. I would run it on your DT.
Honestly since i upgraded my tank to a 155 i want to do everything correctly. Ive never setup a QT tank before. I just got 7 chromis and two clowns.
Should i use meds while quarantining ?????

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Honestly since i upgraded my tank to a 155 i want to do everything correctly. Ive never setup a QT tank before. I just got 7 chromis and two clowns.
Should i use meds while quarantining ?????
qt fish. I never quarantined fish, lost a few battles here and there, now after 7 yrs of just dumping fish in, I decide to quarantine everything so I can keep a bit expensive fish

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Depends on what size the UV is rated for as well. UV and some meds don't work well together. So a UV to be effective it has to be run at the correct flow rate and be pretty damn large...2-3' long at least for a 155G
The QT is a 10 gallon i wanna know if i should use meds or rhe UV. Heard meds are trash potion

SimonDraws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The QT is a 10 gallon i wanna know if i should use meds or rhe UV. Heard meds are trash potion
BRO, 7 chromes and 2 clowns in a 10 gallon probably too many fish.
Watch Ammonia levels. You mention meds but it doesn't sound like you know what you treating them for. Should someone get Antibiotics if they not sick?
Please do more research BRUTHA.

I'm praying for the fish you have.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
BRO, 7 chromes and 2 clowns in a 10 gallon probably too many fish.
Watch Ammonia levels. You mention meds but it doesn't sound like you know what you treating them for. Should someone get Antibiotics if they not sick?
Please do more research BRUTHA.

I'm praying for the fish you have.
Never went this route bro

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Its a battle bro but they live and last for the most part.
My first experience with parasites came two months ago. I bought two snowflake clowns for $50 from an asian dude on craigslist in NJ and one of them ended up catching something i believe to be clownfish disease and wiping out the other clown and my two blue fairy wrasse and black cardinal fish.

The clowns behavior seemed like swim bladder issues but then each fish i mentioned did the same so...hence the New QT tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: