Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I live in North Merrick on Long Island. We just had a house fire on Tuesday afternoon. The whole house is a total loss due to fire and smoke damage.

I had a 29 g bio cube that has been with no electricity since then and the water is a little smokey but my rock anemones (5 or more) are still bright and colorful on the live rock they are just smaller that usual. I also have a light green Duncan that Is still bright it’s just not on display mode.

If there is anyone that could take them in for me while we get situated I would be so grateful. I would hate for them to melt away and die. They have been through allot in the 10+ years I’ve had them.

please reach out to me if you are able to help out.

UPDATE: the corals are still there and look well but not very happy

i can’t drive upstate to deliver them. I’m sorry. I’m homeless living out of a hotel with nothing, no belongings at the moment, with 2 teenagers. I need to get things sorted out with our housing situation and life. If you are locale or willing to drive to Long Island ti rescue then please contact me. Leave a dm with your phone #. Thank you!

Last edited:

karlreefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in North Merrick on Long Island. We just had a house fire on Tuesday afternoon. The whole house is a total loss due to fire and smoke damage.

I had a 29 g bio cube that has been with no electricity since then and the water is a little smokey but my rock anemones (5 or more) are still bright and colorful on the live rock they are just smaller that usual. I also have a light green Duncan that Is still bright it’s just not on display mode.

If there is anyone that could take them in for me while we get situated I would be so grateful. I would hate for them to melt away and die. They have been through allot in the 10+ years I’ve had them.

please reach out to me if you are able to help out.
PMd you. i can help

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: