• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I got this RBTA two days ago and I'll seemed fine. Since I put it in it's moved from the top of the rockwork down a little, but since last night, it doesn't look well at all. Tentacles are deflated and stringy and while its mouth is not gaping open, it's still open a bit all the same.

I'm not sure why it would be like this. The other anemone in my tank has been fine for over a month yet this one looks sickly...

I'm not sure if I should cut my losses and take it out...

Advice?

Last edited:

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Lighting is 4x54w T5s individual reflectors, no clowns hosting in it, they host in my little carpet. I haven't fed it yet since it's been in the tank as I was waiting for it to become a little more settled. It does seem settled now as it's stopped moving, but doesn't look happy at all. I was planning to feed it some chopped up shrimp

I'll get back to you with parameters.

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here are some pics. Also tested some parameters:
Amm 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 - 5 PH 7.8 (it could be so low because lights just came on)

Updated Calc 400 Kh: 110-120 mg/L
Here are the pics - not a happy camper :(

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That thing that I dont like is that the foot is not on good it not a good sign when the dont attach, mine deflate but the foot is on good.

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
what's the point at which I should remove. I heard when it starts to liquify and disentegrate ... will it be obvious when it's doing that? Try to feed it but it doesn't seem to be taking food...not sticking to tentacles :(

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
danelam, I would let it be! Give it a little time to adjust to it's new surroundings. Don't feed it while it is in this stage. By the way, although it does look unhappy, it doesn't look totally deflated.
I don't know much about T5 pc, so I won't say that they are not enough. I'll leave that to others that actually have them, or know better.
Now here's the thing; do you know what type of lighting the lfs had it under? I had mine under MH, because they require strong lighting.
Yes, you will know if it starts to desintegrated! At which point you will have to remove it. In the mean time do run activated carbon just incase.
Best wishes for a quick turn about!!!

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
thanks awilda... the LFS also had it under T5s. I don't have a filter, just skimmer and live rock so I can't run carbon :redface:
Should I lessen my flow a little to calm things down?

danelam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Updated pics

Starting to fill out a bit more now ... fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3102.jpg
    IMG_3102.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 204

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Dane, my gbta does that once in awhile. I would say its normal. once it opens up and gets back to normal, it got to be about 7-8"wide. I got paranoid also but then the next morning, it was fine. Mine actually is shrunken down right now.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
i dont know maybe leave it one more day if it dosent mocve and deflates more id move it to a small hospital tank

Wouldn't move the anemone to a hospital tank, that would defeat the purpose of it trying to get settled in. Just let it be, the only point i would think of removing it would be if it starts to melt away.

I'd just let the anemone do what it does and closely monitor it. Once it finds somewhere it likes it should stay. Also I dont know if its just me but the left side of the anemone looks like it came into contact with a powerhead, did it?

Or was did this one recently split before you got it? Looks like its missing some tentacles on that side, which might be why its having a hard time adjusting.

Hope it makes it out well :).
-Kris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: