sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sanjay, they look sweet my friend. Do you shoot your pix in video mode and just select a single frame? My fish like to swim. Yours seem to pose for you :banghead:

Best of luck with them. They truly are beautiful.

swimmer

Ah.. so you want to know my picture taking secrets. its all in the speed, my friend. When you have fast reflexes like me, you can freeze anything :tongueani

Set the camera to high shutter speed (like 200) and follow the fish. Once you have a good sense of its paths in the tank and how and where its going to pup up it gets easier to take fish pictures. At that high shutter speeds you may have to use a flash to get adequate light, unless you have the super duper Nikon D3 camera that can shoot in incredibly low light.

sanjay.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ah.. so you want to know my picture taking secrets. its all in the speed, my friend. When you have fast reflexes like me, you can freeze anything :tongueani

Set the camera to high shutter speed (like 200) and follow the fish. Once you have a good sense of its paths in the tank and how and where its going to pup up it gets easier to take fish pictures. At that high shutter speeds you may have to use a flash to get adequate light, unless you have the super duper Nikon D3 camera that can shoot in incredibly low light.

sanjay.

Excellent advise. I will ATTEMPT to employ your technique. Maybe I'll get a shot I can post. :eek:

swimmer

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Very cool!

Jim had the 1st one. I was very close in getting it.

My chalk bass ate all my sexy shrimp:(

yes, as Joe said, they will eat small shrimp. I do not have any small shrimp.. just a few big cleaners, fire shirmp and a couple of pistol shrimp.

I have a lot of potential shrimp eating fish in my tank.. long nose pairs and flame pairs along with these bass. just have to be careful with the size of the shrimp.

sanjay.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: