ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Could i put two blennies in a 75? My stocking list for blennies/gobies was: one diamond goby, one sleeper head, one algae blenny. Will this work?

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
How deep is your sand bed?
How old is your tank?

The diamond goby and the sleeper head may or may not get along but if both will be added they MUST be added at the same time

The algae blenny must be in a well established tank enless they are eating flakes mysis ect from the LFS

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Fish:
Foxface
Maroon Clown
Klein BFly
Regal Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Blue Damsel
Inverts:
Haitian Pink Tip Anem
Sebae Anem
Choc Chip Star
10 astrea snails
1 xxl turbo snail

Is this what you have in the tank now?

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
noo i just sold those. i need to update the sig. tank is empty. i have the live sand and water in rubbermaids with powerheads and the lightstrips over them to keep the rock alive. all i have are some snails.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
noo i just sold those. i need to update the sig. tank is empty. i have the live sand and water in rubbermaids with powerheads and the lightstrips over them to keep the rock alive. all i have are some snails.

If you took the sand out of the display and moved it into rubbermaids and it was 4 inches deep to begin with, you're probably in for a TON of trouble when you put it back in your display. When you mix the sand after that long, you kill off the bacteria in the sand. You're gonna need to either rinse that sand, well WASH, it like crazy in RO/DI water OR buy new sand. I wouldnt put it straight back into the display.

And as it is now, its probably going to start in the rbubermaid.

-K

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you follow the good advice above, you will also need to wait until your sand bed is re-established before adding any sand sifting gobies into the tank as there won't be anything for them to eat.

Why'd you take it all out of the tank?

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i had to to paint the room the tank was in. the sand was in buckets with tank water and in the rubbermaid with the lr and light. i think im goign to rinse and buy new sand

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: