waltercat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I feel like I post too much about corals at Petco in Union Square, but hey, it's close to work and they get decent corals in sometimes.

Anyways, they have a really light blue/gray chalice for sale for $60. It's probably 4-5 inches in diameter.

They also have a brownish acan with around 30 heads for $75.

I don't really follow these corals like some people on this forum so I can't ID them. I do know that they have lighting that doesn't do the corals justice so it is potential that they are nicer peices after being under good lights for a while.

Just throwing this out there for any of you guys who are interested. I'd be curious if they have potential as these are cheap prices for these corals.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flatworms and aptasia are no big deal and should not influence your decision on purchasing a piece of coral.
dip all corals before adding them to your tank, no matter how clean the previous tanks look.
aptasia can be killed very easily, with kalkwasser paste, vinegar, bioling water...

also, there aren't very many brown acans. that acan will eventually color up to something else.

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
i was there the other day.. they have some nice fish and i almost want to buy them just to rescue them.. tanks are all over crowded and very small for the types of fish they are stocking.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The fish in that place come and go so fast its not even funny... Most fish get accimilated the same day ppl buy em and end up being accimilated 2-3xs within a week and end up dieing it sucks.... I brought a few inverts last night from them horseshoe crab a fiddler crab and a blue linkia... so far so good... but inverts r usually hardy..

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The fish in that place come and go so fast its not even funny... Most fish get accimilated the same day ppl buy em and end up being accimilated 2-3xs within a week and end up dieing it sucks.... I brought a few inverts last night from them horseshoe crab a fiddler crab and a blue linkia... so far so good... but inverts r usually hardy..

Did you buy a fiddler crab for your reef tank can they go in a reef tank?

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
just went there to get a choco for my harley and that tank made me wanna cry! it is sad

i told the guy, "give me those mandarins before they die" and he just ignored it.
That tank with the inverts, fish and all is PATHETIC

i am not even going to purchase my chocos anymore from them

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: