• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
http://www.yardright.com/sand.htm#playsand

I got my sand for the 400g more than a year ago from a local nurseries. I called them today to see if they can order some for me. The manager told me she would try. But to order it, she will have to order a truckful with like 10 pellets, something like 20 bags per pellet. Any how, it is a sh1t load. So I told her I will need 20-40 bags.

So lets have a head count.

Regal 20
Chris 2-5
House 120?
sjlesq 6

Last edited:

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Main Entry: pallet
Function: noun
1 : a wooden flat-bladed instrument
2 : a lever or surface in a timepiece that receives an impulse from the escapement wheel and imparts motion to a balance or pendulum
3 : a portable platform for handling, storing, or moving materials and packages (as in warehouses, factories, or vehicles)

:lol:

You had me thinking I was saying it wrong all this time.:)

Last edited:

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i would approach this with extreme caution. yardright is a brandname used by old castle, an $8 billion aggregate company. old castle also purchased the southdown name at one point which i believe leads many to assume that yardright = southdown.

i called the product manager at old castle's pennsylvania production and distibution facility in january this year. he told me that old castle has discontinued its sale of southdown aragonite sand....apparently the mining company that sourced it for oldcastle went under.

i dont believe the the yardright product is exactly the same. i wish you luck and would love to find out i'm wrong, but i'd be very concerned that you guys are going to wind up with a truckload of unusable sand. even if its aragonite, this company makes lots of different products and i would be very suspect of quality control. ie, you got the stuff bagged right after they finished a couple of shifts of fertilizer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: