• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
heuerfan said:
Understood Russ, i just know for a fact how much those lords go for and it has nothing to do with Ebay.

I understand. I like to see the prices go up naturally, through legitimate bidding. Fraudulent bidding ruins the fun and excitement of the auction for a lot of folks. Not to mention, the prices of lords have come down dramatically in the past year. Just a year to a year and a half ago, that same lord would command over $2,000 (not from me, but from someone :biggrin: )

Hey, I could be practicing an excersize in futility with my report. But on the odd chance that this is a shill, maybe some good will come of it.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
heuerfan said:
Yes for common indo lords. Those two lords on ebay are not indo lords and will continue to command top dollars unfortunately :(

They are beautiful. The first one is dazzling. I like the second one, but not nearly as much.
If we get enough people together I'm still game up until a predetermined, agreed upon limit.

Who's going to do the fragging if we are able to put this together?

swimmer

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Lords arent to hard.
jap acan lord have very very large polyps. BUT you want them to close up as much as you can before fragging so that the most rock in between polyps is exposed...so tapping the polyps"shut" relly helsp show the border of rock in between each polyp. its a good tip for fragging lords.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Joe

The colony looks like it's round or dome shape as opposited to being flat and because of the round or domw shape there maybe a lot of rock underneath it. That's what going to make it hard to frag

21_12.JPG

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
yeah i didnt take that into acount.
all i can say is that i know the seller off this coral, and he has very healthy and colourful stuff!

JRod

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Joe,

Shooting for both huh. Not a bad way to get your first two feedbacks from ebay. So much for buying small and ramping up.
Gotta say though, if you do win, I bet half of this board will be knocking your door down for frags!

mschriskim

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Can I comment?

This one I think something fish going on as it is being normal indo acan. Also I have seen some indo acan labeled as non-indo... if you cannot tell indo or non-indo I think you should stay away even seller's feedback is 100%...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Coral-Acanthastrea-Lordhowensis_W0QQitemZ7769523316QQcategoryZ46308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh, I know the seller as well... actually I could go pick them up before auction end : ) but could not as BIN expected by seller is too high for me...
Those are nice Acans for sure : )

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
JRodrig692 said:
Joe,

Shooting for both huh. Not a bad way to get your first two feedbacks from ebay. So much for buying small and ramping up.
Gotta say though, if you do win, I bet half of this board will be knocking your door down for frags!

haha
nah i just made a new username, cause my older one that i shared with friend(who is kind stupid) just deleted my old on wihth a ton of feedbacks!:headache:

so i figuered ill make a new one.
but im sure ill be out bid ...

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Reefer420 said:
whats the dif. between indo and non-indo?

indo refers to the sorta typical ones, grey green or grey red or green red.

non indo usually refers to the more coulorful(in many cases, but not all) and of course harder to find and more expensive lords, i.e. from taiwan or japan.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Guys, we should definitely put a polyp count in here for each member. Otherwise we'd need to get 30 people if each want one. I know I'm not doing the fragging on a piece like that with anything less than about 5 polyps. If someone else wants to handle it that's another story. I know how I stressed over the last micromussa GB. :banghead:

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Reefer420 said:
it will depend on the $$ for me..sigh.

Believe me, it's not open ended for me either. But the last thing we want is to win the bid with 30 members each wanting a single polyp! :bigeyes2:
I'm good, but even I'm not THAT good. :Up_to_som
I'd say we should try to get 6 people who each want 5 polyps. If one of those members wants to split their 5 polyp frag, that's their business.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
It's up to $510 from another bidder with a zero rating.
:Thinking:

Auction ends Saturday night.

I'd only be willing to go up to $100 for my share. With 6 of us that amounts to a bid of $600 + shipping fees. I figure I'm super low on what it's going to sell for, but I'm just leery of potential shenanigans :anger2:

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: