• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Okay guys and gals, I'm ordering an OM super squirt. While checking the site they have a group buy option.

If we order 5 we get 10% off on everything we order.
If we order 10 we get 15%

So who else besides me is looking? I'm not in any hurry, I think I"ll be ordering mine the middle of next month. So let me know!

B

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Brett, seeing that you're not doing this till the middle of next month, I'm going to say I'm a tentative GB member right now. I hope that doesn't mess you up. If it does, lmk and I'll step away from the vehicle :biggrin:

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
LeslieS said:
I looked at the site, but I am still confused about how this works?

The unit is designed to create random flow in your tank. Each OM unit (depending upon which one you chose) will create random flow from 4 or 8 outlets.

For arguement sake, lets say you use the 4 outlet unit on your return pump (I would rather use a closed loop, dedicated pump, but this is just for an example). The return pumps water into the OM unit. The unit has four outlets on it. The motor inside the unit will open and close baffles in front of the discharge tubing causing all the flow to go through the open discharge tubes. BTW, the discharge tubes need to have additional pvc plumbed to them to the areas of your tank that you want the flow.

The manufacturer builds the units with the sequence of the open/closed baffles to your specifications. For instance, if you hold the unit in front of you, and it has the 4 discharge tube at 12, 3, 6, 9 oclock positions, the mfg can set up flow in a number of patterns.
Lets say:
12 oclock = position 1
3 oclock = position 2
6 oclock = position 3
9 oclock = position 4

They can set it so that (by position):
1 opens and all the others are closed, then 2 opens and all the others are closed, etc.

Another way the mfg can set is:
1 and 3 are open when 2 and 4 are closed, then they alternate 2 and 4 and back and forth.

Another way is:
1 and 2 are open and 3 and 4 are closed, then alternate back and forth.

All the flow will go through each open position.

I know this is confusing and I probably made it worse for you. However, if you're interested, Jim has one set up on his display and (I'll go out on a limb here) and say you can go see his setup. Thanks Jim! :biggrin:

R

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
House of Laughter said:
Leslie,

You and B have to take the Hudson line train up here to see my tank and how the OM 4 way works as well as how penductors fire up the flow and return on a 1100 gph (170w) pump.

House

Whew, you got my back, thanks! :hug: :biglaugh:

swimmer

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
pixel_trans.jpg
[FONT=Arial,]OceansMotions is pleased to participate with Reefkeeping Clubs and Online Forum Communities by offering specially discounted Group Buys.

[FONT=Arial,]Group Buy Requirements[FONT=Arial,]
* all communication is with one Group Buy Planner who organizes the entire group.
* one payment via PayPal for the total amount of the Group Buy Order.
* one address to ship the entire Order to for distribution to the participants.
[FONT=Arial,]

Level 1: 10% off
With the purchase of 5 motorized units (any combination of 8 Ways, 4 Ways, Super Squirts or OM Squirts) your group recieves a discount of 10% off all items ordered including our Revolutions, Omni Flex nozzles, Mag Scrapers & extra drums.

Level 2: 15% off
With the purchase of 6-10 motorized units your group receives a discount of 15% off all products ordered.

Level 3: 20% off
With the purchase of 11 or more motorized units your group receives a discount of 20% off all products ordered.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Is still happening?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: