• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just curious, what is the purpose of you buying them? If for aesthetics they are fine. But if you are relying on nutrient export, you can forget it. Their intake is very slow and you will need a sheet load of them to make a dent.

Just so you know. I had some in the fuge but i just liked the way they looked.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Perfectly fine kris. They really are cool looking. I wouldn't mind having a fuge with mangroves shooting roots down. I just wanted to make sure you guys aren't planning on using them for nutrient export, don't want you to be dissapointed.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Make yourselves some styrofoam floaters until the begin to root and sprout.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Reg styrofoam, you know the white stuff used to package tv's etc. It floats. Pop a hole in a square piece, stick the mangrove through it and let it sprout. You only need a section of it to be under water. If you submerge the entire thing, it will rot and die.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Very cool... thanks for the tip... so what kind of TV do you recommend for the best styrofoam... plasma or lcd?

Pedro said:
Reg styrofoam, you know the white stuff used to package tv's etc. It floats. Pop a hole in a square piece, stick the mangrove through it and let it sprout. You only need a section of it to be under water. If you submerge the entire thing, it will rot and die.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: