• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Ming, venturi (penductors/eductors are a venturi device) needs both flow and pressure drop to "suck" in the additional flow. MAGs don't provide the type of pressure to flow ratio needed. Mag 3 & 5 didn't do crap, MAG 18 turn the flow into pressure so the end result gain is negligible for power used.

Last edited:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Its not just the GPH but also the PSI
Bex-3.jpg

The pump you are using has to achieve the recommended gph coming out of the nozzle after factoring in the headloss of the pump. Because the output of the nozzle is significantly smaller than the input a high pressure pump is needed. A low pressure pump simply can not move that mount of water through a small nozzle like that. The side effects of putting a low pressure pump in such an application other than the fact that it will not get you the desired results is that the pump will be overburdened and thus overheat, which in itself is not good for our hobby. In the worstcase scenario your pump will burn out (although unlikely)

If the liquid output at the nozzle is too low the suction side of the diffuser will not be able to create enough suction to get the desired outflow. Ultimately its like a bad BJ :D An no one likes that :irked:

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
herman said:
If the liquid output at the nozzle is too low the suction side of the diffuser will not be able to create enough suction to get the desired outflow. Ultimately its like a bad BJ :D An no one likes that :irked:

I like the explanation but did you have to go there? :eek1:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
kimoyo said:
:D

I hope it will balance with the becketts and help keep the watts lower, we'll see.

But you guys are running away all the group buy people :lol2:

It should definitely keep the balance.

In the past 20 years I have bought so much stuff just to find that it does not fit my application. Just trying to save peeps some hard earned cash.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Mag, eheim, same thing, still not pressure rated. So i don't think it will work.

Send me a link to the oceans motion, i wanted to look at those.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
herman said:
will not work. Not pressure rated to begin with and too much headloss after all is said and done.
OM 4 way will not work with penductors as well. Once the OM4way switches a imbalance of water pressure from output to output make the drum change resistance and get stuck from what i remember.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: