wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys, im setting up a new tank and am probably gonna order some liverock in teh next 4-6 weeks i thought id give you guys some time to think about it and figure out what you want and give suggestions on where to purchase from.

Usually the more boxes you purchase the price per pound drops, i doubt too many people really need live rock as you guys have yoru tanks set up but maybe if we order a LOT we can get some really nice deals.

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set up my next tank (looks like a 58 FOWLR right now)I will probably consider one of these two places:
Reef Splendor

NJ Reefers Club went there for one of their meetings a year or so ago, when they first opened up. Supposed to have a bunch of rock, and a good staff. 1 hour or so from Bergen County, NJ.

or

for a further trip: Paragon Aquatics

Double the trip, but recommended by a number fo folk in our area. I think it's worth it, since you'll end up spending about the same amount of $$ as the rock with shipping anyway, and you can cherry pick the pieces.

Now, for the last thing: seatrademarine is having a massive sale. I spoke with Mark Morace there and he said the pricing is so cheap, since the just purchased 4 tons of LR. They are a Walt Smith distributor. 46 and 92 lb boxes of Walt Smith are running $3.25-3.54/lb SHIPPING INCLUDED!

[ March 18, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: kennerd ]

D

DJSQETCH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey if you guys can wait a week or two I think im going up to CT to purchase some ricordias from www.justphish.com. This will save you guys shipping and from what I have heard from rebels this guy has good LR

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had asked JP if he could pick out two nice pieces of rock that had purple coraline algae (like the pics on his site) equaling five pounds. So far it is the best live rock I have bought so far. One rock was all purple! And since he said he couldn't find two nice pieces equaling 5 lbs, he gave me two nice pieces equaling 9 lbs and only charged me for 5lbs! JP is awesome!

Rebels23

frostbite

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a lot of good thing about the gulf view rocks, if you guys decided to order from them, I'll be interested in some as well.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok guys, im purchasing some rock on tuesday guaranteed. Im considerind:

Buna Branch and Kaelini from www.Reefermadness.us
Kaelini, Lalo, Tonga Deepwater from Liveaquaria
Kaelini from eastcastclams.com
Kaelini, Happai from anchofish.com

If anyone wants to split some boxes with me let me know, Im leaning towards the kaelini and buna from reefermadness and would want to split the boxes or split a box of kaelini from eastcoast and split a box of buna from reefermadness or a box or 2 of lalo from liveaquaria.

If everyone wants a certain kind i would be willing to change my mind possibly. If yoru interested in getting some with me let me know, i just thought it woudl be a good way to defer shipping charges and get a nice mix of rock

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: