Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Group Buy together for a refractometer. I don't know how feasible it is, but I might need to get at least 20. I am trying to get it directly from China and these are the quotes I got on the refractometer :

http://www.patent.org.cn/catalog.htm
RHS-10 at USD22.00/pc
RHS-28 at USD22.00/pc
RHS-10ATC at USD25.00/pc
RHS-28ATC at USD25.00/pc

Let me know if you guys would be interested. Thanks.

Rebels23

P.S. I'll post this on ReefCentral too. Maybe if we can't get enough people, we can include some Jersey Reefers.

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Brian,

Doesn't seem like there is much interest for this. If it just the two of us, it comes out to like $34.95 each, not including shipping. Let's see if anyone else is interested.

Rebels23

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok cool. I talked to the guy and was able to talk it down to a minimum of 10 pieces instead of 20 for those prices. Looks like we have 3 people interested. Waiting for 7 more....

Rebels23

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
great, have you tried posting on some other boards liek reefs.org and reefcentral.com

which model did you plan on ordering, or can you mix and match as long as you get 10?

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yes i also want teh ATC, if the atc 10 will measure up to the proper salinity for our tanks then id rather have that one as it is more accurate but if not then obviously the 28 series is better

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
rebels, i count 5 so far, is that correct or do you have more from other boards?

If you dont mind i may post on other boards and deal with the people myself and take care of shipping to get it to wherever they are as im in need of soemthign quickly and i dont feeel liek buying a hydrometer if im gonan get a refractometer in a week or 2

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

Ok, looks like we may be getting closer. So far it is :

Me,
BrianH,
Wedfr,
DragonWrasse,
Cla009

So I'll need 5 more people. I was planning to get the RHS-10ATC, as that is the same one the Boston Reefers on ReefCentral.Com got.

Wedfr, if you want to try and get soem other members on other boards, be my guest. The more the merrier. I tried posting this on reef central, but the moderators deleted my post.

Rebels23

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok my uncle wants one too so put me down for another one. and ill try on reefcentral. so, so far we should have 7 including realhiphop and my second one so only 3 more right

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok i posted on reefcentral and i got another 5 poepel lined up so we are good to go, i emailed you with some more info and questions

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Wedfr,

How'd you get that post to stay on reef central??? The minute I put it up, I got an email from the moderator last time.

Ok, looks like we got enough people to make this a go. I am looking to get the RHS-10ATC at USD25.00/pc (this does not include shipping, the last quote I got on shipping was $6.00 a piece, which comes out to a total of $31.00 for one refractometer) I'll double check with the guy again for the shipping quote.

I had only planned to deal with people from NYC, as I didn't want to deal with shipping these things out of state. But you are more than welcome to handle that part (not sure if people from Texas may want in on this, as it will cost them $31.00 for one, and then an extra $5 or $6 for you to ship it to them.......but who knows, it still comes out cheaper than getting it on-line.)

PayPal would be fine for me or checks, money orders,...etc. As long as I don't need to shell out a couple hundred bucks. If you want to keep it simple, you can collect the money from the people you got together and we'll work it out.

So far this is the count :

Me,
BrianH,
Wedfr,
Wedfr's Uncle,
DragonWrasse,
Cla009
realhiphop,
SWW1268
5 ppl from reefcentral?

I'll get everyone a final quote with shipping. Thanks.

Rebels23

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok great rebels, ill let everyone know, by the way where in NY are you located, Also plese send me an email or Instnat Message me on AIM my screen name is wedfr.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
oh yeah, please get that quote on shipping as quickly as possible so i can let everyone know and see whos still in or not

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: