marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I will be buying some zoo frags from GARF and want to know if anyone else wants to join me. Their zoo frags go for $20 each and you get 7 for $100. They have all other kinds of corals on their web site.

http://www.garf.org/

GEOTHERMAL AQUACULTURE RESEARCH FOUNDATION is a research site that sell all kinds of corals, right from their tanks, anything picture on the web site can be purchased just give them a call and have your order shipped with mine, to save on shipping costs.

Please let me know if your planning on ordering, you have until next Tue or Wed.

Michael

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Michael,

I have ordered from Garf several times in the past, and I am DEFINATELY interested in getting a frag pack.

They have routinely offered our members discounts and specials including the 14 frags for the price of 7 special. What exactly do you want to get from them? Maybe I can talk to Leroy and set something up. They have a great soft coral and SPS selection. Also, their crabs/snails are the best.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Josh

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Garf.org is impossible to navigate for me. I hate searching for sales on that site. Where the hell is their livestock list? Where is that 14 for the price of 7 list? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Their site is horrible, but their livestock is great and extremely cheap.

Basically, you won't know what you are getting. In the past I have told them soft corals, or xenia, or SPS and I am always satisfied with the shipment. They have specials on a particular item every now and then, and you can request a frag of that, but usually they can't tell you exactly what you will get. It is kind of like a grab bag in that sense!

-Josh

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
What's the price for an SPS frag pack? How many come in the pack? I'll take a chance.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
There web site is really bad. I told them it was hard to find things on it and alot of other people has the same complanints about it. They told me that they weren't in the business of selling and that it was really a research web site so it fit their purposes.

You can actually call them and tell them you want a frag from one of the pictures listed on their web site. They will be able to tell you if they can frag it or not.

Josh I've already put in my order and it will ship next Thursday, so you or anyone else can place an order and have it shipped with mine, you have until next Tue or Wed to get your order in to be included with mine. Unless Josh you can get me a better deal or maybe some additional Zoo's.

Hi Jim how are the magazine going, I kind of miss all the pictures of the fish that I wanted, you can probably see writting in the magazine that I made.

Michael

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
marrone, can you call my cel phone when you get a chance please? 917-559-9189. Thanx.
-Nick

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Just called the people at GARF. Gonna order 10 SPS frags for $100. They listed some over the phone for me and they sounded good to me. Didn't formalize the order yet though Mike. Gonna do it later when Trevor comes back to the office. Come on people, 10 for 100 is a great deal.

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've ordered their 10 for 5 special before and was very satisfied with they gave me. Shipping costs more than others, but you'll notice that they pack their stuff really well.

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retrospect, of course, but you guys really should have gotten in on the http://www.manhattanreefs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000024 that the tiler listed on the boards here...I did and we got some ridiculous-colored SPS corals from reefermadness.com ended up being 12 types of coral in large or mutliple frags for $50 including the shipping. We got 21 folks together to pool the $ and bought mature specimen-sized colonies and fragged them up.

If you want pictures of the stuff we broke up, email me: [email protected]

We will most likely set something up durng the fall.

S

Stix

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea The Tiler told me about it at one of the BAS meetings. Sounds good. I've also heard good things about reefermadness from other people. We should definately do it next.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Everything is ready to go and will be mailed on Thursday for a Friday delivery. Josh stuff is being out in one box, yours and mine in the other box. The shipping is going to be about $80-$85, which is about right after I went over the calulation with them. The detail of the cost will be include for each piece + shipping. Each item will be mark what it is and who's piece except for Josh box which will be a grab bag.

Michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: