Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I am working out a deal to buy SPS frags from Garf. They will be less than $15 per frag for very good pieces. They all come mounted on reef plugs, and are extremely hardy.

Since Garf won't tell you exactly what you will get, I would like to organize a grab bag sort of buy. Basically, you will put in a certain amount of money, and we will randomly pick bags out of the box when it arrives. I think this is probably the fairest way to do it.

Also, their critters are $1/each, so we can do the same thing with those.

Please respond if you are interested.

Thanks,
Josh

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
This will be for SPS and crabs/snails only.

Me: $70 (5 frags, 20 critters)
House: $50 (5 frags)

I would like to get 2 or more people committed to $50+ each before ordering. One I have that information I will set up a day for the shipment and begin to coordinate with everyone.

For the "grab bag" we will be on the honor system (since not everyone will be picking up their frags at exactly the same time). Basically we will open the box and reach in without looking and draw a bag. I hope this works for everyone.

-Josh

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
count me in for the critters...15 MIXED HERMITS 30 MIXED SNAILS..$45 and a pound of garf grunge...$5.00...thats some sweet stuff...they throw in a few freebies with orders too...nice people

Nick

[ May 22, 2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Josh
I've put in my order and so has Nick, he also going to see if any of his friends want in. My order is scheduled to be shipped next Thursday so if you get your order and everyone elses ready by Tue or Wed of next week it can be shipped all together. I will pay for the shipping and split it among everyone, I'll also be home next week so it will be no problem with the delivery. Please let me know.

Michael

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I'm ordering 7 zoo's Nick is order 10 sps but his friends maybe also ordering he will let me know soon.
$74 for 2 large box sounds a little high, one more box should be that much more it all goes by the weight and I assume the frag should weight that much.

I guess right now if 2 boxes = 40 frags and I'm getting 7 zoo's and Nick is getting 10 sps that leaves 23 frags to be added before another box is needed.

Michael

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
OK, let's assume that my group will be getting 20 frags, 50 critters, and a few pounds of mud, we may be able to squeeze that and your stuff into the two boxes.

Do you want it shipped to you or me? I have a 24/7 doorman and don't mind having people over. I am located just south of Union Square.

Let me know.

-Josh

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
OK, are you guys following the same procedure with people drawing bags out of the boxes randomly?

Your apartment sounds good.

Currently we have:

Me: $70 (5 frags, 15 critters, 1 pound grunge)
House: $50 (5 frags)
Dopler: $50 (15 hermits, 30 snails, 1 pound grunge)

Anyone else want to join in? The clock is ticking. Norm from Garf told me that the earlier we get our order in the more variety he will have for us.

-Josh

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Guys,

My .02 on the random order stuff -

I think it would be good to have everyone present (if possible) when the drawing is done - just keeps everyone on the same page - also, if everyone is there and they want to trade with another person, that is a good opportunity to do so since you may get something you already have. And finally, it is nice to get to meet everyone face to face - just my thoughts!

Question on payment - Are we supposed to send it directly to GARF? Josh, I can paypal you ASAP if you are paying etc.

ON delivery - I can come either day - Thursday or Friday next week.

Jim

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
If we can finalize this by next Tuesday, Garf is going to ship Thursday for a Friday delivery. Nick from Brooklyn is missing from the list that was put together. I guess everyone will pay for their own and I'll pay for the shipping and we;ll split it when everyone comes to pick up, unless Josh wants to pay for the shipping, Josh let me know.

Michael

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Josh
I had them put it my order in my name, so I guess everyone else should be included in my order. It's
under Michael Marrone. I'll give Garf a call today and talk to them about making sure everyone form Manhattan Reefs is shipped with my order. Should have everything finalized by next Tuesday.

Michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: