T

TrippingBilly

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Where are you located? I am in central Jersey. If they have what I am looking for when you order, I'll be in.
TrippingBilly

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Blane will be posting his new list tonight. If we order as below the shipping is the following:

Limited Time Member Deals
Any $200 dollar order gets free Shipping
Any $150 dollar order gets half price Shipping.

So if we can get an order together and really for deliver either for Friday or Saturday of this week.

Michael

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Just so you guys know, I ordered from Blane 2 weeks ago and I wasn't exactly happy with my order. All of the frags are very small, and there are a few aiptasia on the sponge frag I got. The zoos were also not as colorful as they appear in the pictures.

I told Blane about the aiptasia, and he said he knew about them and told me ways of killing them. The problem is - I shouldn't have to go through the trouble!

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
steal: which zoos did you get, what type of lighting do you have? I heard this problem from other people that have ordered from him before. Big plugs with tiny zoos on them.

He has nice stuff, but would like to see the actual item that we would be getting.

S

stealyourhouse

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I think I got 5 zoo frags total - I can't remember which ones exactly. One of them was only 3 polyps. I have 220w PC lighting on a 36g tank, but if my lighting was causing them to darken, they would loose color over time - not arrive that way.

[ September 22, 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: stealyourhouse ]

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I ordered from Blane a while back. The plugs are massive and a huge pain in the butt to mount and the three pinpoint zoos on those plugs looked even smaller thanks to the massive concrete surrounding them. I ordered 5 or 6 different morphs and they all looked very similar to me (I spoke with Blane and he said he would pick me out some good variety). All but one colony died - either blackout or simply so small and covered in glue that they never stood a chance.

I spoke with blane in detail about my issues and he had mentioned that he was working on changing a few things. I gave him a lot of feedback, both good and bad, and he seemed to understand the main problems but it sounds like they weren't corrected.

He's a real nice guy but for the price he pays, you should be seeing more than a trio of dots on a slab of concrete.

My two cents.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I spoke with Blane and he told me that he put anywhere from 5-20 polyps on a plug. In general since I'm not running MH I don't buy anything that is purple or blue as it will turn brown in my tank. Was looking to buy some Reds, Oranges and Pinks they usally stay the same color with PC lights.

I think since a couple of people had problems in the past that I'll past this time. Actually I really like to purchase zoo's that I see. I didn't like the zoo's I got from Logical Reef they were small and not as colorful as the pictures, but JustPhish zoo's were actually pretty good.

Michael

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Marrone, Logical Reef zoos are wysiwyg. If you didn't get what was in the picture, you should have sent Bryan an email. He would have corrected the problem. Of all the online stores I have tossed money at, thelogicalreef.com is, by far, the best. Bryan is incredible to work with, he assumes responsibility for the package until the corals are in your tank (unlike most merchants that leave you holding your own when UPS or fedex screws up a shipment). Logical's one problem is that he can't get enough of the good color morphs because there are so many zoo merchants.

Here's a secret for you. some of Blane's best zoos were from a trade with logicalreef (and last I heard, Blane still hadn't reciprocated for the purple people eaters and a few other stellar morphs).

I like Blane and I hope he is putting more polyps on the plugs. I discussed making smaller, lighter plugs, perhaps in more mounting freindly shapes and last I heard he was doing just that. He does have some awesome zoos.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Crakeur

I spoke with Bryan before I purchase the zoo's from him, and yes he really good to work with and he made sure that I got some zoo's even though people were grab them faster then he could make them, but the concern that I had was that since I wasn't running the same lights as his, his MH to my PC, the zoo's wouldn't look the same and over time they would turn brown. I spoke with Bryan about this and he told me that it was probably something that would happen as a matter of fact he had a client in Texas that ran into that same problem but insteady of brown the zoo's moph into other colors. So I took a chance and purchased from him and my worry were some what true as they didn't look the same under my light as they did under his also they were on the small size and needed to be growth out. I think part of the problem with them being so small is that his zoo's are so in demand that he doesn't have time to fully grow them out before he frags them and sell them.

I felt that Bryan was a good guy and since I took the chance knowing that the zoo's mayn't have look like the pictures and that it wasn't his fault so I didn't contact him about it as it was the risk that I took.

As for Blane I would actually really like to see his in person as some of his pictures look to good.

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I spoke with Bryan about zoos changing colors. I had that happen a few times. sometimes for the better, sometimes worse. I have some zoos in my tank that are light blue and a darker blue. they were green when I got them. very happy about the change.

I don't know if it is the lighting alone that does that tho as I have a ton of halide lighting on the tank (twin 150 watt hqi bulbs and a 65 watt actinic over 26 gallons).

I have found his polyps to be large while blane's are pinpricks in comparison.

here are two links to nano-reef.com that discuss thesea.org:
new:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18232

old:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15157

I tried searching for pics of the blane zoos that I had but I don't have any.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
What blane needs to do is get rid of those ugly plugs, why can't he just use live rock or tuffa rock or any type of rock. I don't mind the tiny polyps as long as they are on pieces of live rock.
But i really can't stand does ugly gray plugs, lol! I just checked his site, he really does have some nice zoos! But can't stand the plugs!

I like Bryan at Logical and Brian at Aquaprop, Anthony is good also at Aquadesignz. You really have to ask them what type of lighting the zoos are photographed under and ask them if they can retake pictures of the zoos for you under normal lighting. The red skirts on Logical's page all came out orange under my pc's, but i figured it would. But the green skirts and red centers appear exactly as picked under my pcs.

Michael: read that you bought some red/blue zoos, got any pics of them?

[ September 24, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: heuerfan ]

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Steven

The zoo's where red/green with white centers, small frag about 15-25 polyps. Got them from the new place on W33th & 10th ave. for $10. They look very white. I'll take some picture later this week as I'm going to be moving some other zoo's around, to make room for a Blue Wellsi that I'm getting, and we'll be able to get some pictures of them.

I really like the different colors that Blane has but I really hate it when the plugs are bigger than the corals, atleast with Garf zoo's you can break the plug to what every shape you want. Also I'm a little worry that the pictures are better looking than the polyps actually are.

Michael

PS: I know I have a thing from Wellsi, but I think I'm done now as I seems to have all the different colors
approve.gif
until some new ones come out :rolleyes:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: