Has anyone seen the new clams on www.ClamsDirect.Com
They look really nice. Any interest?

Rebels23

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If the deal gets off the ground I'm in for a 2" Squamosa. Can't beat that price...Might also be interested in a maxima, but gotta see how much cash I have left in a week or so.

[ October 22, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: joetbs ]

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

I am definitely placing an order. Waht do you guys think of the site Pmui suggested? I am kind of leaning toward them, but their clams are not as nice as clamsdirect.com

Rebels23

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i was just coming on to put up a group buy for clams, a few weeks ago i emails houseoflaugter about one but never posted it.

Heres the short of it, i have a connection at www.reeftropicals.com for clams and said hed give us a nice discount if we can get enough of an order together.

heres the email i just got from him

Clams comming in this wekend. Will send you pictures than too. We have Maxima's and Crocea's comming in. At the end of next week I'm expecting Deresa's and Squamosa's as well as 2" Giga's. The Giga's have been terrible to get a hold off! Nobody is selling them as they are hard to get. A 2 incher is probably going to have to sell for arround $47.00 or so. We'll be as far as I know the only ones out there offering them again.

We have also found an overseas supplier for Phonape Black Maxima's (RARE) and some huge Phonape Maxima's as well as the much smaller sizes. The black Maxima's and the 8+ inch Maxima's aren't cheap. The black 2" will be offered for arround $47.00 and the 8+" Ultra's for arround $250.00. I got one in for my self and it's absolutely stunning!

Forgot to mention, the Maxima's and Crocea's comming in are 3" specimens. We are going to offer the Maxima's for $38.00 and the Crocea's for the same price. Box charge will be $8.00 to 12.00 depending on the amount of clams and clam size ordered.

I believe that puts us far below our competitors like East Coast Clams and Clams direct.

Depending on how many people you can get together, we can give you a very good discount. Especially when they can be shipped to just one address and you guy's distribute them amongst your selves. Saves on shipping.

Let me know how that sounds. I know you haven't seen them yet and know it depends all on that.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
After our last try to buy clams fell through, I ent head and bought a clam from www.tridacnareef.com
and I couldn't of been more pleased with it. Health and quality are great and the customer service was excellent, plus he gives a free bottle of live phyto with it. Or a frag I think. Plus he's very local.
Anyway its just a suggestion.

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll take M-62 and a 2" Squamosa from Clams Direct.

What's the general consensus on size? I thought it was 3"+ was best survival rate. Just curious since I saw some 2.5" maximas that I like.

Are you guys gonna pick the stuff up from Adam? I wanted to get one of the Monti Elkhorns.

joe

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

I apologize. It doesn't look like I will be ordering from www.clamsdirect.com :( And clamsdirect.com never answered me back about a bulk order. I'm really sorry if this screwed up anyones plans. My head has been spinning from work lately

Anyway, I think I will still order a few things from http://www.tridacnareef.com/ If anyone is still in, I'd like to close the order by Sunday night. This is what I think I have :

House - Clam 2UB
Joetbs - Monti ElkHorn ?
Peter - clam?
Rebels23 - Frags, maybe a clam

LMK Thx

Rebels23

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Rebels, when are you ordering? If it's just us why don't we just take a ride up there? It's only like an hour away from me. I live right over the GWB. I'd be willing to drive if you meet me here.

Here's all I want:
2.5-3" Montipora Hirusta (Elkhorn) - $25

joe

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: