Status
Not open for further replies.

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If anyone is interested in this GB please send me your first and last name and email on 6/29/09. All members of the GB will need to setup an account at Bulkreefsupply.com if you do not already have one. Members of the GB will have to place their order on 6/30/09 and will automatically get get the discounts. Please be aware that there will be no shipping discounts and standard shipping cost will apply for each GB member and shipped directly to you. There is a minimum of 10 members for this GB to receive the discounts for each item and if we have 15 members or more each member will receive permanent discounts for all future purchases. If I have left out anything please read below for details of the GB from Bulkreefsupply.com. Most items on the website will have discounts on them except some items that are specifically have to follow manufacturer pricing points.

1.Jason
2.Bulkreefsupply.com/Andrew
3.Start 6/23/09 to get list of names and orders must be placed on 6/30/09 to get the GB.
4.Delievery dates are seperate for each inidvidual.
5.Pickup dates are seperate for each individual
6.Atleast 10 members and will get the highest discount bracket, and if 15 or more members participate all members will get permanment discounts for future purchases. There will be no discounts on shipping, standard shipping applies.
quot-top-left.gif
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by nanoreefer22
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif
quot-top-left.gif
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by jasony816
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif
The GB start date and end date will be Tuesday June 30, 2009, I will send them an email with the list of names and email addresses on Monday June 29, 2009.

Jason
quot-bot-left.gif
quot-bot-right.gif
Jason,

Below I copied the guidelines for a group buy, from the thread I had linked you earlier through an RB. Please answer the questions I have highlighted in red and PM me with them. As soon as you do that we will make a decision within about 24 hours.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...s-updated.html

"New Guidelines for Group Buys - Please Read

As you might have noticed Manhattan Reefs is growing, and with growth comes change. We'd like to take this opportunity to clarify the guidelines for organizing a Group Buy and introduce some new rules that will aid in the planning and execution for the organizer and all participating members.

Group Buy Rules:

Manhattan Reefs does not permit Group Buys without Administration approval prior to posting. Manhattan Reefs is not responsible for the organization of any Group Buy or Split Shipping posted in this forum unless otherwise stated by the administration of MR. The Group Buy forum is only provided as a convenience to site members. Any issues should be handled between the group buy participants, group buy organizer and vendor. Any and all issue threads will be deleted.

Organizers are NOT PERMITTED to represent Manhattan Reefs. Any member that has been confirmed by the seller as representing Manhattan Reefs in any way during a Group Buy without permission of MR Administration may be subject to suspension or permanent removal from the site.

Group buys and split/shared shipping threads must state the following in the 1st Post of the Group Buy Thread: who is organizing the group buy, where pick up is going to be, Vendor name of the group buy supplier, breakdown of what the group buy will include as far as pricing or possible discounts and shipping cost.

Group Buys meet the following criteria:
  • More than 1 member of MR is involved in the purchase
  • The organizer is one of the participants
  • No profit is being made by the organizer or any other member.
  • All discounts, shipping charges, freebies, etc are shared by all participants and must be clearly noted in the group buy thread.
  • All freebies must be distributed equally among group buy members or can be sold to either offset the cost of the group buy for all members or proceeds may be donated to MR. A list of these free items must be posted in the group buy thread and the participants will have the final say as to what is done with them. Freebie items that are sent from the Vendor and labeled for specific people in the group buy are exempt from this and should go to those that they are intended for.
Manhattan Reefs reserves the right to adjust or change these rules as needed in order to protect the integrity of the site.

If you would like to organize a Group Buy you must do the following:
Contact any Moderator via Private Message and provide the following information:
1- Name of Group Buy organizer
2- Name of company/vendor goods will be ordered through inlcuding the name of the person you have contacted there
3- Start and end date for ordering
4- Expected delivery date
5- Tentative location for pick up/delivery of GB items
6- Pricing (if a single item), discounts if any apply, and shipping cost

Wait for a reply from a Moderator (usually with 24 hours)
If the Group Buy is authorized, you will be given instructions on how to start your thread.
If the Group Buy is declined, you will be given a reason why it was deemed ineligible.
If it was for lack of information (for example: you didn't include the start/end dates) you may re-submit the corrected information to your Group Buy Moderator.

Any Group Buy threads posted that do not adhere to the rules above will immediately be deleted from the MR site.

Thank you!"

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
These are the details from Bulkreefsupply.com for the GB:

Group and Club Buys
***NEW*** Group Buy is now available any time and as many times as your club would like to utilize it.
This promotion is designed to maximize the discounts and remove all of the organizational hassle that normally goes along with a group buy. All you need is 10 people who want to buy at least one item from us at drastically discounted prices.
Here is how it works: For one week we upgrade every member of your club who signs up and creates an account with special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them individual access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all of our bulk material as well as considerable discounts on much of our product line. Each member of the club handles their own order individually. There is no need to organize the order, schedule a pickup/distribution day, or collect payments. If that isn't enough we offer one more exciting perk: All club members who participate in the group buy will have their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount. The only requirement to be eligible for this Introductory Reef Club offer is that a minimum of 15 club members sign up. If you are interested in setting up a group buy with us please contact Andrew to get you started [email protected]

Jason,

Here are the steps:

1. Pick a Tuesday that you guys want to start your group buy.
  2. Compile a list of the first and last names and email addresses of all the participants. Send the list to me.
  3. Instruct everyone to create an account with bulkreefsupply.com if they don’t have one already.
  4. On the Tuesday of your choosing, everyone will get an email notifying them that their accounts are updated and they can start buying.

Andrew Duneman
[email protected]
Office: 763.432.9691
Fax: 763.546.1720
www.BulkReefSupply.com

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I've been a part of this GB before,basically you will get the discount on the list. The list goes down in price the more you buy,with this GB you only have to buy one in order to get the lower price. well worth it if you are buying any of the items on BRS. great product.

Count me in, but I think I already have an account setup from last time, can I still get in on the order.

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The discount for items is located on the quantity price chart for each item on the website. We will get the lowest price based on that chart, and we will get a smaller permanent discount for future purchases if we get 15 or more memebers for the group buy.

Jason

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Once again for anyone that is interested in the GB please pm me your first and last name and email address and be sure to open an account at Bulkreefsupply.com also, thanks. So far I have 4 total including me, we need atleast 10 to order on June 30, 2009 and get the discounts.

Jason

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
yeah cheer them on guys, if we can't get 10 by the 29th i will try to contact Andrew from BRS to see if we can pick another day and see if the mods will approve it.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I am to understand this process the only thing we are sharing is a common order date and better prices. Our orders still come to our individual homes. If I am correct this may encourage others to sign up as well. (If I am mistaken about this please advise.)

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
artie1209 you are correct. finksmart pm me your first and last name and email address.

update:

1.jasony816
2.Alex
3.cowfish
4.morphiii
5.artie1209
6.tomtoothdoc
7.BIG L A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: