• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
With all of the horror stories from internal temp controls on heaters getting stuck I think the best investment is a temp controller.

Does anyone want to get in on a ranco temp controller single or dual group buy?

I'm going to call DIYreef.com to see if we can make it happen. What do you think of these prices from diyreef.com(the prices below are individual prices)? Does anyone else have any other suppliers near buy that can give a good deal?

Christmas Specials!
All Ranco Temperature Controllers On Sale
Ranco ETC Single Stage Controller (wired&sealed) Reg. $79.95 Sale $72.95
Ranco ETC Dual Stage Controller (wired&sealed) Reg. $129.95 Sale $119.95
Bare RANETC 111000-000 Temp Control Reg. $64.95 Sale $59.95
Bare RANETC 211000-000 Temp Control Reg. $109.95 Sale $99.95
Coral Cutters Special Combo Price Reg. $24.85 Sale $22.95
Order by 1pm EST for same day shipping

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I checked with DIY Reef, LLC and they told me if we can get 10 people they would be willing to work with us on the price listed above and we would save on shipping. We would have to give them advance notice at least three to five business days if we order the non-bare (wired and sealed for receptacle) ranco controllers.

If we can't generate enough interest by next Monday I'll go ahead an order one for myself and house who is interested in the dual stage.

Last edited:

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
OK We have three dual stage controllers Me, House, and Rich.

These are some good deals and could be better with more members. Best insurance you can buy short of a UPS, or emergency generator for your tank.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
OK We have three dual stage controllers Me, House, and Rich and possibly Sam so that makes:

(3) Dual Ranco's wired as a definite
and (1) Maybe

Sale is over soon so we have to move. Plus if we get enough we can even get a better deal.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Talked to DIYReef. They told me they can do the following:

$110 + paypal fee (3%) + $20 shipping total. I'm still talking to her about waiving the paypal fee. If we all call her and give her our credit/debit then maybe she can waive the fee although I know she would get hit anyway from mastercard,visa and more for amex.

I've got some guys interested in NJ as well. About 5 in total. So with samsky we are looking at 9 total people for now.

I'll find out more on Monday. Also they don't have enough in stock (9) units so they wouldn't be able to be shipped until Wednesday of next week. I'll be out for the holidays so for those who can wait till after the holidays that would be great otherwise someone else can take the units and distrbute if needed earlier or pickup in Jersey since I won't be in the city from the 23rd until Jan 3.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well, if this takes a little time to get a few more people, by all means I am perfectly fine with that. If we can get a better price... I'll wait.

Is anyone else in a major rush to have this?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Rancos are solid + reliable. Keeps my temp very steady. If you have spent $$$ on your livestock this is a must! Don't rely on cheap heater temp controllers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: