• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
LFS by me has nanos. Pretty cool little set ups. One has been up and running in the store since Nov '05 and it looks nice. I know that isn't a very long time, but they only started making them a few months ago. They have fish and coral in it. I wanted to see if there was any intrest in a group buy since the owner said he would come down in price. I need another fish tank like I need a hole in my head, but if we get a group buy going, I'd get one.
XL- 22 gallons $280
L- 15 gallons $235
M- 9 gallons $190
S- 5 gallons $150
All set ups are acrlyic. Front and sides are seamless. Filter is built in and turnover rate is 9-19 times per hour, depending on what you want. They are using rio pumps, but you can request better ones. THERE IS NO SKIMMER, but there is a filter built into the tank. It comes with a T-5 light fixture. XL-M 2 8 watt (1 10,000k and 1 actinic blue) and the small has 2 6 watt (1 10,000k and 1 actinic blue).
I'll be going back either later today or tomorrow to take pictures and get exact measurments. I'll post them on this thread.
If there is any intrest in this, please post on this thread, don't PM. This group buy isn't definate, I'm tyring to find out if there is any intrest. If you guys want it, I will run the group buy. It would be helpful if I could walk in with a number of tanks requested to find out what the discount would be. We'll cover details of how you will receive the tank if enough intrest is generated.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
cali, it says t-5 on the fixture... I'll post pics tomorrow and get better details on measurments(LXWXH). I'll also be sure to photograph the lights.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm interested Chris. However, I few things I'm considering 1) the lighting fixture quality, 2) tank dimensions 3)the price is a little high for an acrylic tank. Thanks for letting us know abuot this though.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't want to spoil this thread but I saw LFS in NJ was selling 24G AquaPod and stand with 70W MH Sunpod light fixture for $400. And if you just go with standard PC light, I believe it has 2 32W light built in hood for $300.

It has builtin filter in the back and it looks pretty good and stand match the tank.

Just a thought.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Froggy,
I've never looked around on the market for a nano, however, I've had an eclipse, and I truely felt that was money thrown away. I wouldn't really know what is considered cheap and expensive with nanos. These set ups seemed fair to me. Group buy would help lower costs. Most of you know my opinions on most LFS. I thought this was a cool tank and I've seen a lot of people in here looking for nanos. I hope I don't sound like I'm being defensive here, I got nothing but love for ya.
You question high prices for an acrylic tank and the quality of the lights... it is possible that you are paying more for the quality of the lights than you are for the tank. I'll get the brand name of the fixture and brand of lights used. They custom make their own acrylic and glass tanks. My 180 gallon tank stand and hood were built there.
So far, 3 are interested. I'll check the post again before I go to take pics tomorrow to see if anyone else is interested. Don't worry, I won't be placing orders until those who want it are set in stone.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
XL, 22 gallons, 24"L 13"W 14 1/2" H. 2 13 watt t-5
L, 15 Gallons, 20"L 13"W 13 1/2"H
M, 9 gallons, 14 1/2"L 11"W 13"H
S, 5 gallons, 12"L 10"W 10"H

I'm sure one of you sharpshooters will do the calculated measurements and find that these dimensions may make the nano a half gallon or so off. Keep in mind that the front is bowed. I measured from the center and hight is from the ground up, there is a lip around the bottom.
1st pic is the medium set up
2nd pic is the small set up
3rd is the XL set up
4th are the bulbs

Attachments

• nano set up.jpg
    nano set up.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 5 gallon nano set up.jpg
    5 gallon nano set up.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 22 nano set up.jpg
    22 nano set up.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 85
  • bulbs.jpg
    bulbs.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 84

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
these are the light fixture. It's made by HOPAR? Never heard of them. It's hinged so you can flip it back if you need to work on it. It is 1 switch to run both lights. You can't turn on the blue then turn on the 10000k later. I don't like not having 2 switches.
The last pic is what they call a Plasma tank. 10 gallons, 36 inches long, 17 inches high. You hang it on your wall and it sticks out 4 1/2". They want $500 for that. I'm out.

Attachments

• bulbs.jpg
    bulbs.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 70
  • fixture name.jpg
    fixture name.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 69
  • hinged fixture.jpg
    hinged fixture.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 71
  • plasma.jpg
    plasma.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 70

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
okay, I walked into their warehouse yesterday. They aren't building the tanks, they are geting them shipped from somewhere. I'm not too big on the lights being on one switch and no skimmer. Hey, no intrest either.:dead:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: