Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Few days ago I was approached by new to the hobby guy that I know with question what should feed to this fish. I went to his home and when I looked at the fish I thought to my self "this is a goner". It was an orange spotted file fish, a beautiful fish but an obligated coral eater. My friend was very upset when I told him that it is a matter of a few weeks before this fish will starve to death. I promised him to ask and see if anyone ever kept this fish for a period of time and what did they feed this beauty beside acropora coral. I told him do not keep your hopes high and next time do some research before you buy a fish.
With this being said, is there anyone with success story of keeping Orange Spotted Filefish?

Attachments

• Orange spotted filefish.jpg
    Orange spotted filefish.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0

Boonsiew830

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few days ago I was approached by new to the hobby guy that I know with question what should feed to this fish. I went to his home and when I looked at the fish I thought to my self "this is a goner". It was an orange spotted file fish, a beautiful fish but an obligated coral eater. My friend was very upset when I told him that it is a matter of a few weeks before this fish will starve to death. I promised him to ask and see if anyone ever kept this fish for a period of time and what did they feed this beauty beside acropora coral. I told him do not keep your hopes high and next time do some research before you buy a fish.
With this being said, is there anyone with success story of keeping Orange Spotted Filefish?
I had this fish for about 2 weeks. During the first week I thought it would make since it was eating some frozen brine shrimp. Needless to say, was pretty bummed to find it on the side of my Vortec

Evillal5

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what usctom said. Also there is a post on reef to reef that also has a person that did the same thing and a list of food that he gave it . Just do a Google search of orange spotted filefish care and click reef to reef it is the fifth post

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post and provided suggestions. My fish eating frozen brine shrimps as well as chapped table shrimp. Eats like a pig trying to compete with most faster and aggressive fish. No signs of stress and it’s belly full. It’s been 10 days since I took over it’s care and keeping fingers crossed. Hope this fish has “strong survival will” and will fully adapts. I will provide updates from time to time. If someone has any experience than please share. In addition if anyone has experience with any fish with low level keptive survival it would be cool to hear it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: