Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I can't recall the ID of this SPS I got
when trading with my LPS corals.

Since this is my first SPS and have no clue on any
of the names I would imagine this is a cinch for
those SPS reefers.

Top right hand side towards back. Has green hair growing from branches.

20120520_155403.jpg

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey kevin,
that's the green porcillo. it looks like this in my tank. do check your parameters.... alk, cal, mag, nitrate and phosphate. leave it where it is and monitor the polyp extensions.....it should be pretty fuzzy. when was the pic taken? it should look more fuzzy. please keep me posted.
also the kenya tree and xenia are soft corals not lps....:wink1:
P4240063.jpg

earthguy00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the headsup on the ID.
Of all the MR members didn't think you would see this post. lol.

My Mag/calc and alk tester arrived yesterday and will shortly start adding supplements.

The pic I took was far away and the hairs didn't show up as much as it should of.

It's pretty hairy, but would imagine it could be 30% or more hairier.

The birdsnest doesn't look good. Hairs on them are not visible now. Just dark dots and one part is turning white.
Any advise?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the headsup on the ID.
Of all the MR members didn't think you would see this post. lol.

My Mag/calc and alk tester arrived yesterday and will shortly start adding supplements.

The pic I took was far away and the hairs didn't show up as much as it should of.

It's pretty hairy, but would imagine it could be 30% or more hairier.

The birdsnest doesn't look good. Hairs on them are not visible now. Just dark dots and one part is turning white.
Any advise?

i trolled the threads quite a bit....lol.

test your parameters... especially nitrate and phos ...and post those numbers..... also what test kits are you using?
don't dose unless needed.

for the bird nest, that doesn't sound very good. post a pic. of it so i can see. there was one white branch on it....that was where it was wedged into the rock.

do a water change wait a couple of hours and test the parameters again and post them. then we'll see what else to do.

btw how is the frag of the aqua delight?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: