JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Ok, I have these two Gorilla Crabs in my tank that are driving me crazy, at first they stood in a rock but now they are growing and i caught one trying to rip up some fire and ice zoos I just got. When I tried to catch him with a pair of tweezers he fought back and ran under the rock. Anyone know how to get rid of these guys without taking out the rock.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
JHOV2324 said:
Ok, I have these two Gorilla Crabs in my tank that are driving me crazy, at first they stood in a rock but now they are growing and i caught one trying to rip up some fire and ice zoos I just got. When I tried to catch him with a pair of tweezers he fought back and ran under the rock. Anyone know how to get rid of these guys without taking out the rock.

if you have a trap that will be the best way to get hem ou t,i have one for youto use ,,or take out he rock thta is dwells in

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
It's fun at first but when the hitchhiker turns out to be bad your like ohh no, check every rock of coral for HH, cause I found about 3 sundial snails, very bad, 2 gorilla crabs very bad, colorful fan worms very good, 1" bristle worm good, stung the S*** out of me, tiny brittle stars, and my new HH i think is a christmas tree worm,

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
where are you getting your rock with all of these hhers? Sounds like a really common thing no matter where the rock comes from?

Sorry! This is supposed to be about Gorilla Crabs!

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
They come in the Live Rock, everytime I buy coral a hitchhiker comes in the rock it comes on, some good somebad. Alot of people get really cool hitchhikers. in time you might get some as well. very cool.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
caught mine in a simple trap
get a mason jar, plastic soda bottle, cut off the neck of the bottle invert it into the mason jar put on mason jar cap with out the insert(cut soda bottle 1/3 down from cap)
put some frozen food inside fill it with water sink it to the bottom

mine was caught within 1/2 hour of the lights being off

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: