NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a bunch of small 2 to 3 mm bugs that all crawling on my glass and corals, including two montipora's. They are brown/black with a white stripe down the back like a skunk, many legs and what look like two pinchers on the backsdie. They are small and had to get a good pic of, my macro function is not good. Any thoughts would be appreciated, I don't see any corals being damaged and have had these "bugs" for a few weeks, just can't find any pics of pods that look like them. With the white stripe they should be called skunk bugs. ;)
14abh9j.jpg

Last edited:

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thats part of the problem, it looks like a Cirolanids, but doesn't share all of their attributes. They are out with the light on more then after the lights go out. Smaller eyes, I can't even see them, many legs which you can't see in the pic. I'm confused, but it doesn't look like anything is getting hurt. Thanks for all the help.

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The problem is, there are many of them, they are fast as hell when moving, and kind of "fly through the water" like a mosquito in air, its really strange to see. They hide very well when I try and nab one.

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They don't go on the fish or my arm, they kind of crawl around at times, or just stay still in one place. There are a lot of them and I will try and siphon them out when I do my weekly water change. Wish I knew what the heck they were????

NYReef

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They don't seem to get caught in the water flow of the intake and stay mostly on the glass, bottom, or rock/corals. I can try and net one off the glass when they go high, but they are fast when chased!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: