Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's dark in the room with my tank and I walked in and quickly shined a flashlight into my tank. I was a bit suprised when I saw thousands of little things swimming in a swarm around a few frags and clams that I have at the bottom. I was unable to get a pic because they are so small, but they basically looked like a grain of salt with a little tail. Do I have marine couties in my tank? Does this sound like an isse anyone else has had? Is it time to start medicating my tank? Any thoughts?

:Thinking:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Do you have shrimp in your tank ,(blood or cleaners ) they usally spawn at nite and have about 1000 babies ,,where they just around your corals or all over the tank

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Here's my best attempt at a pic of the little guys. Notice the white spots in the pic.

bugges.JPG

I've got 3 different types of shrimp in my tank. Peppermint, banded, and some other shrimp whose name i cant remember but it cost like $20

I've recently added a few new frags so I'm a bit weary as to whether they're newborns or hitchhikers.

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'm maxing out the range of my camera with 4x zoom at 5megapixels.
I can barely see them with my eyes and they're not really showing up in the camera. Got any camera tricks?

I tried scooping some into a glass and shooting from the glass but it didint help.

I'm a little less paranoid cause I saw my hermit crabs have begun eating the little buggers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: