Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
try a peppermint shrimp or inject it with one of those commercial aptasia products to get rid of the aptasia. it could harm your zoos

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
chong, i have something thats called stop aptasia, it works everytime, if u do have aptasia.... ill bring it next time i come over

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk it @ night when the lights are off & the zoas have closed up. Remember to turn your pumps off as well. Or best yet take the rock out of the tank and let it sit for a few minutes. But whatever you do kill it know.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Chongpark27 said:
I think i killed it, i took a sharp knife and scraped where the thing was last night, i dont see him today, but i'm keeping a eye out for it to see if there is anymore.

Unfortunately, you may have made things worse. Here's an excerpt from this article.

"Physical Removal: Good luck here, these tissue-grade animals have a few tricks up their... tentacles. Try to rip, cut, pinch or siphon them out? They?re attached, and able to quickly withdraw, often into a tiny cranny. You remove most of the polyp... and the bit left regenerates into another (or a few) anemone!"

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Chong

what you did is just speard more spores all over your tank ,you will soon see more of those suckers if not lots of them .Do as ppl said ,kalk ,joes juice is the best way .good luck dude and take the advise given to you ;)

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does it look like this? Is this a mojano or aptasia?

Attachments

• anemone for ID 001.jpg
    anemone for ID 001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 128

Chongpark27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
So far i havent seen any signs of him. Tonight i put kalk paste on the same spot. I'm going to pick up joes juice tomorrow, any other suggestions? Are there any critters or shrimps that would eat the mojano if it reappears?

Last edited:

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Chongpark27 said:
So far i havent seen any signs of him, i scraped him off the rocks outside my tank, dipped it in cold water, and then put the rock back. Tonight i put kalk paste on the same spot. I'm going to pick up joes juice tomorrow, any other suggestions? I've read that peppermint shrimps(which i have) and cbb(i also have) helps kill this pest.

Like stated above, kalk will not do anything now.
It would have been better to put glue over that spot.
Joe's Juice is the same as the Kalk paste.
Not all Peppermints will go after Aiptasias. I went down that road.

Rock in cold water?!?!?!?:arg:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: