oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wondering what this critter might be that I saw poking one of it's tentacles out this afternoon out of one of the pieces of live rock I have?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20150324_133354.jpg
    20150324_133354.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 176

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
to pre answer your next question: they are not awful to have and can be considered beneficial to cuc. They should not be allowed to take over your tank (over populate). Cut back on feeding a little and if you would like to catch some there are several threads on the soda bottle trap that could work for you. some natural predators could be an option for you depending on what you already have in your tank.
do you best not to touch them as they have "bristles" that can give you a painful sting if you are not careful

I personally hate them, but you may like the diversity in the tank. if you have one, probly have a few more in the rocks. get red light and scan your tank when lights go off

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
to pre answer your next question: they are not awful to have and can be considered beneficial to cuc. They should not be allowed to take over your tank (over populate). Cut back on feeding a little and if you would like to catch some there are several threads on the soda bottle trap that could work for you. some natural predators could be an option for you depending on what you already have in your tank.
do you best not to touch them as they have "bristles" that can give you a painful sting if you are not careful

I personally hate them, but you may like the diversity in the tank. if you have one, probly have a few more in the rocks. get red light and scan your tank when lights go off

yup, what he said

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: