clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up a few of these guys that I thought were social wrasses but they have quite a bit of yellow on the faces which i thought should be white in socials and they dont have the long filaments usually in this species. Any help appreciated. I like to keep track of what species I have in the tank
p2015191853-3.jpg

p1914490625-3.jpg

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Many wrasses, although the same species, the coloration will different depending on where they were collected... Don't know if they are here, but give a PM to either Evolved or Eatbreakfast they re the wrasse guys. They are on many boards....

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks again prattreef!! I did some digging and found out these did come from an African shipment and it makes sense now after looking at some pics. Do you know at what point in the growth phase do the common rubriventralis pickup the long filaments on the dorsal?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again prattreef!! I did some digging and found out these did come from an African shipment and it makes sense now after looking at some pics. Do you know at what point in the growth phase do the common rubriventralis pickup the long filaments on the dorsal?

This species does not get the dorsal peenant that rubriventralis and joanallenae do.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: