Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Good evening mr, I believe I have a long tentacle anemone but the base doesn't look quite right in description of the speicies. Normally they have a tan brown or red base with white dots and mine is completely white. Here's some pics that might help you help me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 159

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Joe many corals including Anemones change color depending on lighting and nutriants. I started with one RBTA and now have over a half dozen. They all are different shades of red and the bases too ...one is even a light pink.

Last edited:

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Okay thanks a lot guys it was sold to me as a long tentacle anemone and it was white when I got it. Will it regain color or stay that way? I bought it that way and have had it for a few months now, it eats very well and opens up pretty good. I feed all my anemones mysis daily and this closes up well on it. If it's bleached does that mean it's unhealthy, the anemone opens up like its happy

Last edited:

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
The first picture is the most current one, I guess I'm starting to see a little more color now that I compare what it looks like when I first got it

Don't worry, as long as it's getting proper lighting I'm sure it will regain color. As far as feeding it, save the mysis for the fish, the anemone will pick off what it can. What you can feed it is something with a little more meat like a piece of a cocktail shrimp or fish without bones once a week or every other week

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: