BigEarsNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello MR!

I recently took a trip to Thailand and was excited to see a new clown fish that I'd like to ID and possibly add to my tank. It has an orange face, tail and fins. A black and white clown is missing these features.

Thank you

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 283

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The Clark?s Anemonefish -Amphiprion clarkii (also known as the yellow-tailed clownfish) is the only Anemonefish known to live with all host anemones. It is variable in colour and can grow up to 15cm. It has two white bands - one behind the eye and one above the **** and usually has a third bar at the tail base with a white or yellowish tail fin. They are normally found in pairs or family groups and our resident Clark?s anemonefish family can be seen at Twins dive site where it is protected by a large stone ?fairy ring? around the anemone. If you look carefully you can often be fortunate enough to see the tiny babies of the family and if you are patient you can get some lovely photographs of the group.

The Anemonefish is protandrous hermaphroditic which means if the female dies or disappears, the male will become the new female and another sexually immature specimen will quickly develop into a reproductive male.

http://www.master-divers.com/anemonefish.html

BigEarsNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is my current clown an ocellaris or a percula? Id like to get him/her a mate. It has heavy stripes indicating a Ocellaris but also has orange around the pupil indicating Perc.

I'd also like to add an anemone to the tank. Ideally it will attach to the sand bed or the rock on top of the sand bed as I have a lot of corals through the tank. Is that possible?

Any recomme rations for the mate or the anemone? Are clarkiis easy to find at pet stores?

e9ebafcb727d1dded1733a0e319b255c.jpg

18d162a364b46c745c10c74cda53c62d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: