Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I highly doubt it's aipthasia or majano...they won't move like that. Those just kinda retract into the rock...

Play it safe, pull it out while it's visible and put it in a small container until u can get a positive id.

Where u get the rock from? Maybe that person could offer some insight...perhaps they have come across them before.

Last edited:

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt it's aipthasia or majano...they won't move like that. Those just kinda retract into the rock...

Play it safe, pull it out while it's visible and put it in a small container until u can get a positive id.

Where u get the rock from? Maybe that person could offer some insight...perhaps they have come across them before.

My lights are out for the night. I?m waiting for it to move out of the hole so I can catch it. The rocks are from Pets Warehouse, but I don?t know their ocean origin. I never asked. But I will see if they know and also see if they could identify this creature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn?t notice it left the hole and it is now gone. So now it?s a wait and see game. I?m leaning towards a pencil urchin. But I will update in the future when I find it, if anyone is interested. Thanks for all your help!

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came back out of hiding and I was able to get him. I took pictures with my phone and a 10x jewelers loupe. Looks like an urchin to me. Anyone know what kind? Are they good/bad?

88473fd37c01a81c01c3b7cf11730b95.jpg

cc9c368785aba834413f834a46ec6c07.jpg

Bottom
62721d9b68b41319b03250a0e2cd4c47.jpg

Last edited:

Jay415

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I?m still new with saltwater so I?m constantly questioning and researching every little thing I find. I have a 10 gallon nano reef and love it so far.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow...good pic of it.

Yeah I'd still say either isolate him or toss him.

Might be harmless..but if it's not you'll be kicking yourself in the a** later.

And yeah..even with years of experience you still learn new stuff all the time...read and listen to others, there's a wealth of information out there

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: