Alex Man

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing eats it, looks kinda like smaller version of freshwater Coontail that spreads on rock.

Attachments

• IMG20230906154823.jpg
    IMG20230906154823.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0

Victoria1015

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to try dosing Vibrant for a couple of weeks. If that don't work then you have to take your rock out an scrub. I had an issue like this but it was hair alagae. Not sure what type though...

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
How old is the tank? had it all at first stage with severe hair algae. Make sure your nutrients not too high. I scrub down rocks and some I spray with peroxide. Also lower my light intensity and run mostly blue.

Victoria1015

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? had it all at first stage with severe hair algae. Make sure your nutrients not too high. I scrub down rocks and some I spray with peroxide. Also lower my light intensity and run mostly blue.
The tank was 2 years old and then when I moved between the back and forth (with the tanks leaving last) everything on timers is where the tank was a little neglected. I brought over this huge rock with the hair on it and like 3 Aneomes, i couldn't get them off. The guy at the store said leave it and get a lawn mower blenny. It grew all over my other rock work and the only way was to peroxide and scrub the rock taking all my glued coral off. It was not fun but looks beautiful now! Hopefully it stays that way. New Reefer 250 up since August. Thanks for the reply.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: