lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,i gave this coral to a guy the other day but are unsure of its name,could you id it with the scientific name and hobbyist name you would give it.

Pic0053_S.jpg

Pic0051_M.jpg

Pic0054_M.jpg

Pic0052_M.jpg

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over here we call it the Blueberry,the above coral was under 400w 10k,the one i still have is also under the same lights,when i say under i should add that they are not directly under the bulbs but slightly to one side.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Apple Berry Monti Palawenensis
origanal came from a lady in boston,ok origanally came from the ocean, steve tyree got a few piece's from her then tured then into tyree go figure

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay 10k that explains the yellow instead of green body.. Nice piece..
Its funny how side shots taken under 10k lights alter some colours a little,the above coral when looked at from above is a lot greener but when photographed level with the coral it shows a yellow colour lol.

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple Berry Monti Palawenensis
origanal came from a lady in boston,ok origanally came from the ocean, steve tyree got a few piece's from her then tured then into tyree go figure
Thanks,i will do a bit of a search under the above names,have you guys seen the same coral but with green polyps instead of the blue polyps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: