herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Whatever glue u use just make sure that is CYANOCRILATE base. This is the same glue that surgeons and vets use to close certain wounds after surgery.

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i've never fragged or been fragged. find it hard to imagine that a live plant/coral can be glued to a rock. couldnt do that in my back yard.

do you have to treat the snipped end that is being glued? the glue doesnt have any leaching affect on the water? or plant? what if you want to move it, do u have to leave a stump behind? if so, can you do anything to eventuallly remove the stump

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the glue would dry and cure in a matter of minutes upon touching the water so no leaching affect. Corals are animals, not plants, and every individual polyp can be considered a independent organism. I never treat the ends that are being glued, maybe touch it to some paper towels to dry it up a bit. If you want to move it the glue breaks easily when you apply force.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
when you say glue under water are you glueing it underwater or ataching it above water then putting it in if so how long can a frag stay out of water?
can someone post the process?
thanks

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Cibo said:
when you say glue under water are you glueing it underwater or ataching it above water then putting it in if so how long can a frag stay out of water?
can someone post the process?
thanks

My process:
1. Take frag out of the water
2. Apply glue to the bottom of the frag
3. Dip glue into tank for a few seconds
4. Pull frag back out and let the glue dry for a few(5 or so) seconds.
5. Put the frag where you want it and play with the glue on the rock and make sure it takes to it.
6. Leave it alone :D

As for how long frags can stay out of water, don't worry to much about time. They can last quite a while safely out of water. Probably around 30 minutes is the longest I've kept a frag out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: