aznmajik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I've had some of these for years, and I have no idea what they are.

This is my first time uploading something so bear with me if it goes haywire.

IMG39, I've had since the beginning of tank. The LR is probably a fungia skeleton/rock. It started as a tiny blip/dot on the rock, and grew into 1 polyp exponentially in size. Started to bud about 4 months ago. It is a voracious eater, and loves brine shrimp and fish pellets. It closes up very fast also when being fed, within 10 seconds, unlike other corals eating which takes 15 minutes to enter the mouth.

IMG40, also a hitchhiker coral. Started as a bright pinkish-red dot and kept growing. Also eats, but not as quick as above polyp. Feeding habit is similar to acans. Tenticles elongate with presence of food, then catches food, and brings it to the very visible mouth.

IMG41, Pink. I'm guessing similar to a brain coral, but have no idea. Slow eater with a few mouths. This is a recovered piece from a LR rubble I found. It was very bleached, and rescued for about 6 months now. Not sure what it is, but its pink and pretty :-D

I hope I attached things correctly, thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 181

aznmajik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I do not think the third one is a dying scolly. I believe the cynarina identification.

I guess I could believe the blasto ID also. I have no idea what they look like in a "baby-stage"

And the 1st one is particularly hard to ID. Any future help will be appreciated.

Thanks biasb and Master Shake.

aznmajik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Grandis Paly looks like a good/safe call. Thanks fishman. Would you know if they are "sticky"? They can sting/cling on to food very very well.

And waynotcars, yes I know I have green algae. I'll rip it off when I'm not feeling lazy xD

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: