Nudi ID?

ryangrieder

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ohh I thought this thread was going to be a playboy picture and you wanted the females name...never mind. can't help you...

Haha

lfsmarineguy

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's not a nudi. It's a chiton and it's not reefsafe. I forget the species off the top of my head but it's definitely not safe.

lfsmarineguy

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
you're probably talking about two different things. The fuge probably has stomatella snails, which are great grazers for the tank. This guy however, is a definite coral feeder.

MGR201

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a nudi. It's a chiton and it's not reefsafe. I forget the species off the top of my head but it's definitely not safe.
That's the first I've ever heard that Chitons are not reef safe. From most of the blogs I've researched, the consensus appears to be that they are fine in most home reefs (they are algae grazers, although they will slowly consume your coralline algae).

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That's the first I've ever heard that Chitons are not reef safe. From most of the blogs I've researched, the consensus appears to be that they are fine in most home reefs (they are algae grazers, although they will slowly consume your coralline algae).
I would have to agree. I had many in my old tank and never had a problem. Here is Melev's ID page you'll find a type of chiton here;
http://www.melevsreef.com/id/snails.html

coralnut99

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Keyhole Limpet. VERY cool animals. They can get large. The worst they'll do is knock over the smallest of frags that isn't firmly attached.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 96.3%
79   3   0
Black Keyhole Limpet. VERY cool animals. They can get large. The worst they'll do is knock over the smallest of frags that isn't firmly attached.
1+ Yes, they are very reef safe and only come out after the lights go off in the tank. They're also very hard to pull off the rocks.

Featured Sponsors