• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Illuvatar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I want your advice about what is the best book i can sell to my customers about marine fish ?

For corals i'm selling Borneman's one, good informations and mostly all aquarium species, but for marine fish i can't find a book with all the major marine aquarium species. There's a lot of books about a certain familly like a book about clownfish, a book about angelfish etc but i'm looking for an all in one book.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Bob Fenner's book does a pretty good job of covering the fish. It doens't go into a huge amount of detail on specific fish, but it does a thorough job in fish keeping. For fish specifics Scott Michaels books are best.

dizzy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far has most species covered in one volume I would agree Dr. Burgess Atlas is good. Baensch Marine Atlas is also good.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the modern coral reef aquarium vol.'s 1-4 by nilsen/fosa
scott michaels guide to marine fishes

that covers everything

you can also do the 'aquarium corals' by eric borneman, 'conscientious marine aquarist' by bob fenner, 'the marine aquarium handbook beginner to breeder' by martin moe

there's tons of other books, like atlases(mostly only good for i.d. purposes), and other specialty areas,(like algae guides, area specific guides, etc) but the nilsen/fosa books contain all of the base knowledge on every aspect of the reefs, and private/artificial husbandry of the flora and fauna available-i think it's THE definitive reefkeeping series on the market today :D 8)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: