A

Anonymous

RDO User Agreement Addendum: Industry Behind the Hobby Forum
Reefs.org seeks to nurture The Industry Behind the Hobby forum into a positive, constructive community. In pursuit of this goal, moderators will delete any accusatory or insulting post at their discretion. This forum is intended as a platform for hobbyist and industry insiders to share ideas with one another for the betterment of the hobby. This forum is not intended to air grievances, perpetuate grudges, nor document alleged shortcomings of individuals or institutions. While Reefs.org realizes these new moderating restrictions may impact the nature of some discussions, we believe it will make this forum more hospitable and constructive for all voices. The more voices that are able and willing to speak, the better off our hobby and industry will be.

RDO User Agreement

By accessing “Reefs.org Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Reefs.org Forums”, “http://www.reefs.org/forums”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Reefs.org Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Reefs.org Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Reefs.org Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Reefs.org Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Reefs.org Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Thanks for your understanding -

RDO staff

WayneSallee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the "shortcomings" part is going overboard, an then I guess that the "shortcomings" part makes my posting on this post, against the new "shortcomings" rules.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne's Pets
[email protected]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its subjective calls, there are no 'rules'.

Shortcomings was included to try to cover all bases because some previous posts have been nasty just to be nasty.

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take on this, and I believe the intent of admin, is that posts that are primarily or entirely negative are no longer welcome. This will be the spirit of my moderation going forward.-Jim

WayneSallee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a difference between a post being hateful, and being negative.

If a person post "no" as his post that's a negative.

I suppose someone could end his post with something positive so that it would not be entirely negative, for example a person could end is post with "But flowers in the spring are pretty" :)

If someone disagrees completely, then his post will be completely negative.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne's Pets
[email protected]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That all depends on your definition of 'negative'. :D

I think anyone who has posted in this forum knows what the UAA is getting at, and it allows RDO staff to deal with individuals instead of locking threads or closing this forum.

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne, I think you're not putting enough weight behind the idea that the mods and admin want this to be a place of free, constructive discourse. It is at the mods and admins discretion whether to take any action at all. I will not be holding myself up as any arbiter of what's right or wrong except to say that we should all communicate with a certain minimum level of respect and politeness. Any posts and posters that can maintain that standard are welcome here. BTW, the ricordea thread was locked to stop the continuation of the nasty tone you correctly noted, which was attached to the secondary discussion. I could go back and delete the secondary discussions negative posts and reopen the thread or copy the old ricordea posts into a new thread with the original title. I'm happy to do either as I in no way intended to shut down that thread, although it's exactly what I ended up doing!
Whoops!-Jim

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales":28dtfyq6 said:
RDO User Agreement Addendum: Industry Behind the Hobby Forum
Reefs.org seeks to nurture The Industry Behind the Hobby forum into a positive, constructive community. In pursuit of this goal, moderators will delete any accusatory or insulting post at their discretion. This forum is intended as a platform for hobbyist and industry insiders to share ideas with one another for the betterment of the hobby. This forum is not intended to air grievances, perpetuate grudges, nor document alleged shortcomings of individuals or institutions. While Reefs.org realizes these new moderating restrictions may impact the nature of some discussions, we believe it will make this forum more hospitable and constructive for all voices. The more voices that are able and willing to speak, the better off our hobby and industry will be.

Link to RDO User Agreement.

Thanks for your understanding -

RDO staff

Links broken :(

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Looks like you have to be logged out to read it.

Here it is as it is today - it could change. :D

By accessing “Reefs.org Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Reefs.org Forums”, “http://www.reefs.org/forums”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Reefs.org Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Reefs.org Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Reefs.org Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Reefs.org Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Reefs.org Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: