A

Anonymous

I know it's not geared towards fish so much, but I was wondering if anyone from here was going.

A

Anonymous

Winter Backer is a better show and more highly attended. We never hit the Spring Backer.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I'm sure it is, but the spring show is a much easier drive for me and since I'll be bringing my family I have to keep them in mind. This will be my first show though. Not quite sure what I should expect.

A

Anonymous

JustPhish":1qu8hz6q said:
Yeah I'm sure it is, but the spring show is a much easier drive for me and since I'll be bringing my family I have to keep them in mind. This will be my first show though. Not quite sure what I should expect.

Just explaining why you won't get much response from people saying they'll be there ;) Not trying to talk you out of it or into the Winter show. FWIW we're not doing the Winter show either.

A

Anonymous

LOL, no I understand you aren't. I was hesitant to go to the spring show as well, but since it's fairly close I figure that at the very least we can just turn it into a small vacation. Also, even if the spring show isn't geared too much towards what I'm currently doing, I might still be able to make some contacts. So...I decided to go.

A

Anonymous

Ughh tradeshows in Baltimore. The harbor is beautiful but its very pricey.

A

Anonymous

JustPhish":2ke6479j said:
LOL, no I understand you aren't. I was hesitant to go to the spring show as well, but since it's fairly close I figure that at the very least we can just turn it into a small vacation. Also, even if the spring show isn't geared too much towards what I'm currently doing, I might still be able to make some contacts. So...I decided to go.

What is the cost to attend? I only know booth prices, hotel prices and UNION fees :lol:

A

Anonymous

GreshamH":2zqmgvep said:
JustPhish":2zqmgvep said:

What is the cost to attend? I only know booth prices, hotel prices and UNION fees :lol:

The union fees were killer when they had MACNA in Baltimore.

A

Anonymous

GreshamH":1za4t1pw said:
JustPhish":1za4t1pw said:

There was no charge as long as you registered before a certain date. Children are allowed to attend. After the date I believe it was $10. They're offering free parking in the ball park I believe and a shuttle. They had special hotel rates but i got much better rates with hotwire.

vaporize

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nobody's gonna pay for it if you are a buyer :) The show NEEDS you to be there.

If Gresham is not even doing the winter tradeshow, you might be better off going to MACNA making contacts. This year, they have a one day free exhibit pass for industry people at Orlando, FL. That would make a much better family vacation + business trip.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah MACNA stepped up this year and is offering up to (4) single day passes per LFS that is able to prove they meet the criteria. One day only, trade show floor only. You can't get 3 passes and use them for the 3 day event.

vaporize

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":300isshy said:
Yah MACNA stepped up this year and is offering up to (4) single day passes per LFS that is able to prove they meet the criteria. One day only, trade show floor only. You can't get 3 passes and use them for the 3 day event.

Well 3 one-day trade show floor .... even if you are allow to use them on the 3 day event, nobody is going to do that since it's only limited to trade show floor LOL

For any industry ppl: https://www.macna2010.com/civicrm/event ... set=1&id=2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: