coralfarmin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you usually spent on your weekly coral order or your first with a differant vender than usual ?

I dropped about $1000 last week with a wholesaler that I felt I could not go wrong with and ended up in shock at the lack of quality of the order....most was just bla

This was my first and probably last order with them.

I figured a grand would buy a little bit of a good first impression......heck atleast with our transhipper you get close to 50-60% cherrys

I let the rep pick it all out and feel that was my mistake, live and learn I quess..

Eddie

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally only spend $300 to test a new supplier out but they always send me the good stuff on the first order or two.

Petsolutions

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised that a first order would be anything less than the best they could pick out. As Raskal mentioned, they usually send you really nice pieces for the first order or two and don't start to sneak in the less impressive pieces until a few orders in.

coralfarmin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya...I guess I was just to comfortable after recieving countless email from them highlighting their greatness LOL

Well I just dropped $500 more with our normal weekly wholesaler,atleast I know what to expect which is alot better, plus they bring it to our door with no shipping cost.

condiman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually do the same I am about 300 to 500 every other week or so. The one thing I have always been iffy on is ordering corals I am quite picky on what I want.

coralfarmin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
things have been going fairly well now, we have changed our coral holding sytems into 1- 8 ft vat 1- 12ft vat and adding the thrid 8ft shortly

I have built a decent relationship with my sales rep at one of the best wholesalers there is IMO, hes pretty cool and even prank calls somtimes LOL, oh not to menton the meet or beat price point :) and cheap fedx to my door ...no more airport cargo wow !

jeffer

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is greatly unfortunate. I always try to do minimize my loss. I prefer $250 for this purpose.
I hope you will do better next time taking lesson from it.

condiman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the one thing that is to find a wholesaler that you can trust and like. I know what you mean I have had a few wholesalers that were iffy untill I found the one "even tho the shipping is a bit higher then the rest but you cant beat the quality."

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: